Stanley River

Feral

Ferg and I got cabin fever with all the wind about, so set off to the Stanley for a bit of walking!

Got there about 3, walking and fishing until 4:45.

The technique was to hit up each water hole, fish for 15 minutes or 4 fish, then move on to the next hole.

Generally any more than 15 minutes - no fish in that hole, once you had 3 or 4 fish you had spooked the hole enough you got no more bites.

All the catch today was bass, although both Ferg and I think we had touches from Yellow Belly (different sort of bite). Most of the fish were under legal size, Ferg got 5 I got 2. We had a fair few more hits as well.

Fish were caught as follows

Popper - 1

Plastics - 3

50mm shallow dive minnow - 1

Ferg's home made mid depth diver - 2

Highlight of day was to come back to car and find the coppers giving it the once over, but as soon as we gave them a wave as we walked up the hill, they buggered off, did not wait for us. Must have just wondered what Ferg's V8 was doing parked in the scrub!

Just as well, coz Ferg then informs me we did not have permission to fish that joint, apparently the owner died recently, and he has no idea if it has been inherited by anyone yet! - Good on ya Ferg!

No photo's - to risky carting a camera, we fall in often scrambling about on the logs and rocks!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/08 19:31

Nice one feral! i must admit i really want session pool hopping like that soon. Nice to fish places not too many, if any, other fishos have been! And i understand the whole no camera thing, as mine has just passed away from water damage! It took about 2 months though, but it finally caught up!

well done!

Yeah, but if you have a look at the small print, a certain person's new camera should be one of the new waterproof to 10m jobs, that would be a better option! :evil:

But not game to mate, got my ar$e hanging in the breeze to much on other issues at the moment, (no doubt our esteemed General Manager will be looking for me when I go back on Tuesday, I sent him a rather frank email before I went on holiday!)

Archived