daiwa saltist 4500 spin

katfish

hi all.thinking about buying 4500 saltist spin matched to emblem pro surf. does anybody own this real, & would you recommend this combo for ultimate casting distance. chasing pelagics from the surf at teewah beach, double island point ect, using 60-100gm raiders. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have one of these. i use it to throw slugs for mackeral. because of its high speed ratio its great. very awsome reel with nice drag. the only down bit i found was when spinning fast, after a couple of spins the handle tends to get loose. my brother also has one. the actual knob fell off the handle after first couple time using it. but it was only a loose screw. besides from that very good little reel

the emblem pro reel would give you a better casting distance than the saltist because of its larger diameter spool.. or you could keep your eye out for a second hand saltiga surf spin reel i think their are two for sale on breamaster forum at the moment for late 300's these reels also have the huge shallower spool and have a mega retreve rate due to the massive spool diameter.

link for emblem pro:
/>http://www.daiwafishing.com.au/daiwa.cfm?page=reels&reels=saltwater&product=emblempro

more budget the emcast sports
/>http://www.daiwafishing.com.au/daiwa.cfm?page=reels&reels=saltwater&product=emcastsport

if it were me i would probably hold out for a good second hand saltiga surf or buy a new emblem pro but the emcast are not too bad for a budget reel.. all of these will punch out mega casts though.

probably too heavy for my intended use for throwing chromies all day in the surf. get a sore back after about an hour or so, but soldier on.(spinal injury after being hit by car doing 60+ kph)that kind of limits me a bit, but when the fish are on, you would have to chop both my arms & legs off to stop me fishing. even then I will still wet a line. cheers.

p.s starting to like the seejigger 325, nice & light with heaps of grunt. I`m 6.4 on a good day, so this is why I dont need 13foot+ rod, if that makes any sense?

Archived