Carp in Enoggera Creek

crazywalrus

Hi all

I have been walking past Enoggera Creek for many years now and wondering if it was ever worth a fish. I had a few minutes to kill the other day waiting to pick my son up from school so i thought a would do a bit of a scout and see what I could see. I know they can catch the usual suspects in the saltwater section but what about the fresh? I put on the polaroids and had a walk. I could see a few descent size fish in there but could not make them out.

My son was home from school on Friday (conned i think) and he was bored so i thought we could go for a quick fish to see how it goes. Using bread for bait as it is a usual duck feeding area we started. We removed the barbs from the hooks to reduce the impact on the tortoises and eventually hooked up on a fish only to loose it. Got a a quick look but could not be sure it was a carp.

I decided today to take out my neighbor and his daughter fishing to give it another go with a couple of beers. This time i decided to use corn kernals to try and reduce the totoise catch but it did not make a lot of difference. Still removed the barbs so it was an easy release. I hooked up on what would have been a 35cm carp and just lost it at the shore. We where packing up when my neighbour's daughter hooked up. I was so happy to get the photo and dispose of the carp. I can not believe they are there but i should not be surprised as the water is dirty and stirred up. various_278.jpg

Archived