First session ever with fly gear

francomas777

hey guys,

met up with this fella who is moving back to Switzerland and was getting rid of heaps of fishing gear. ended up buying my first fly set up and another fly reel.

went to the barra farm at bli bli to try and break my fly fishing virginity.

ended up going really well, fly fishing is awsome and dont think im looking back now.

hope you like the pics

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

well done!!what away to break your self in on the new fly out fit.nice reel looks like you have stacks off line on it.what type of line are you useing?hey do you have a close up photo of the fly?I would like to have a look at it.

How did the farm barra fight,was it a good fight or are they lazy pigs.

Cheers mick

cheers mick. the guy i bought the gear off hasn't used it once. not too sure about the fly line on the big reel but i bought some of that scientific angler fly line for my gold reel.

the farm barra dont really go as hard as i thought but still heaps of fun average fish taking about 5 to 10 mins to get in on the gear i was using.

i dont have a pick of the fly they made me but i am currently trying to make some so i will send u through a pic when they are done.

haha yer ever since catching them fish im hooked for life i think.

the black abel reel there is apparently meant to hold small black marlin big gts and pelagics so i have ordered a custom sage rod from japan that should be here in a few weeks for it and then gonna head up to magnetic island to give it a real test out.

been trying to call you angus give us a bell when you can. cheers

Archived