New here!

Lance

Greetings people!

I just got here not too long ago, probably a month or so, and I'm an avid-angler! What's not helping is that I'm also a student at UQ, and not being able to fish and cure the itch is an absolute torture (I find myself in this wonderful forum more often than not). I've tried a few places along the MacQuarie stretch right up to just behind UQ at Eleanor Schonell Bridge with no luck. I guess I could use some pointers and tips and perhaps a fishing trip or two if anyone's interested in exploring the St Lucia area (other places too!).

Oh well, till then, tightlines everyone!

Cheers,

Lance

Hi mate, theres a few of us that goto UQ as well.. Kiara, Eug, Angus and myself to say teh least (im sure theres more of you out there) so stay tuned as we will most likely be having some sessions exploring in and around uni area - indro/toowong etc =D

Welcome to the site also, lots of great info here!

Dan25: Thanks for the warm welcome!

Old Scaley: Appreciate the tips! Will try the place you mentioned very soon and let you know bout the outcome!

51MPL: Hey there, its great to see some fellow school mates enjoying the fishing near school! (I read "bream" and "jewies"!!) Gives me some sorta inspiration I would say! Maybe we could meet up for a fish-talk session over coffee/drinks?

Cheers,

Lance

lol 'talk'.. just get out there, bring your gear and we'll find some new terrain =D

Probably start looking at targeting toowong stretch as ive never fished there before and want to see what its like so if your keen we can work something out. No promises if we'll catch anything but better then doing nothing!

Plus if Angus comes at least we can watch him work his magic and we'll be the photo crew ;D

Archived