2010 Pirtek Entry Thread

Angus

OK so I'll be first cab off the rank. We had a lazy morning after an early start yesterday. We decided to give Boggy Creek a bash and it appears we weren't the only ones. I bumped into Dassa sporting a Pirtek challenge cap and Hulk sporting a cheeky grin. They told me they hadn't caught any target species but Dassa held aloft a lovely Squire suitable for the dinner plate.

Down to the gritty nitty - I didn't manage any target species but did manage an unusual species just the same - I shall call it Tom - see below

[br] brag_mat__29818.jpg

kreel wrote:

OK so I'll be first cab off the rank. We had a lazy morning after an early start yesterday. We decided to give Boggy Creek a bash and it appears we weren't the only ones. I bumped into Dassa sporting a Pirtek challenge cap and Hulk sporting a cheeky grin. They told me they hadn't caught any target species but Dassa held aloft a lovely Squire suitable for the dinner plate.

Down to the gritty nitty - I didn't manage any target species but did manage an unusual species just the same - I shall call it Tom - see below

[br] brag_mat__29818.jpg

Quak Quak, lol

couple of nice fish there Craige

I took the small tinnie with just the electric on it to Deepwater Bend.

On the water at 6:30 what a great looking morning with it glassy and plenty of fog.

Spend 15minutes chucking the cast net around for a coupl of kilo of nice sized prawns for dinner tonight.

Time to fish so trolled a couple of lures around with only 1 51cm flattie, 2 small tailer and 1 bream. Of course as would be expected the camera decided to pack it so no photo of the flattie.

Still it was one of those mornings when it is good to just be on the water.

Well my day started early leaving home at 4am to meet up with HULK at colmslie. After walking out the front door into a pea soup and thinking it was only out to the west only to be proven wrong and only getting thicker at colmslie. So after launching the boat away we went to the mouth at a snails pace becaues you couldn't see any further then about 20meters. We couldn't see the lights on the gateway bridge until we were under it.

So after a slow start we made our way down to the docks to see if we could find any surface action but alas nothing happening so to the wharfs for an hour or so with a change of SP's every 10min we were of to a flying start :( with a donut staring us in the gob. Away we go again this time to the pipe line to try for our target species and for both of us or first threadie.With livies hard to come by we tried dead baits pillies, squid and fresh prawns.If our bait wasn't already dead it would have died from bordem. :(

With the fog lifting hulk suggested we go over to boggie to try for target no:2. Flathead.Our first stop was to try to get some lives and with them busting up every where things were looking up for us and after what seemed like a 1000 cast not 1 bloody livie :( so it was back to dead baits and SP's and with a sting ray and alot of small tail grabs we were still on a donut.with the tide droping I thought to give the lives another try and jackpot we got our 1 and only livie the unluckie little bastard :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway we headed out up to the rock wall we found a patch that looked like we may break our donut.With our only and lonely livie in the bucket it was decided I was the l was the lucky one to get the livie on the hook.With in 2 minutes of this thing back in the water the good old penn come to life in a big way and the first run way just a screaming run somthing I hadn't heard in a long time.All of a sudden there was great excitement and stupid looks on our face's and thinking this was the threadie we were hoping for but not to be juusst a little squire of 51cm about 2.5 kg's but thank god the donut was avoided. YES YES YES :woohoo: :woohoo: and then back to our drowning baits and thowing SP's for the next 90min with no more excitment then back to the drawing board.

But for the next 2 and half hours of back to the pipe line and trolling around boggie and trying to running over kreel :evil: I mean running in to kreel it was time to call it a day so thanks Adam (HULK) for a good day and heres to the next pirtek challange and good to see so many supporting a great event with the money's going to a great cause :ta:

cheers dassa

Archived