another boring theady sesh post

wesfish

went out with a mate and his son in their boat this evening! didnt take long before chris , had 2 threadies one in the high 80's and the other 1mtr+! , his son soon followed with a great first thready 1 mtr +. i was last with another golden mtr+ plus thready not long after! the rain started so we called it early and off the water by 7:45 pm. home in a decent hour again was great! with a pb session of 4 threadies with all 4 released! 105_1320_800x600.jpg

post-4300-144598521791_thumb.jpg

nice fish wes good to see the releases. steve and I went for a late fish found a floating thready without a tail lol :unsure: , pics are uploading now. it was around 90-100cm at a guess, very bloated and a shark had bitten the tail off around the caudal wrist, had been floating around for a while.

nothing else had touched it quite strange and also strange that the shark didn't take any more, not sure what it was thinking trying to have a chew on the tail fins :huh:

mick fillet wrote:

Nice sesion wes.I like ya new sandles they look way more comfy than the crocs.

mick

lol took a bit to break them in though, comfy now and just a bit better grip then crocs on a slimy ramp!!

oh and all on live baits consisting of silver biddies and poddy mullet!!

elops wrote:

Great session Wes,I have some dart tags and an applicator for you looks like you could put it to some use.

Cheers Steve

cheers steve , much appreciated, keen to see some info on how far they move. fishing heavier is making the battle very short so they are coming up green and full of energy.

Have only been fishing heavy myself lately when targeting them, good to have the heavy rod if a big jewie latchs on too.

Yes they can be pretty lively, had one flip off the deck and straight over the side in one jump when swapping from the jaw grip to the nerve hold. Had a lot less barotrauma issues too.

my thready stick is the one i was swimming the chief with yesterday steve, 12-25lb loomis IMX calcutta 250dc with 30lb

can stop a 1m+ from going anywhere near the deep, if the hooks can handle it :cheer:

when i fish for them i don't work the deep areas and don't allow them to run to the deep either so no barotrauma

nadders wrote:

my thready stick is the one i was swimming the chief with yesterday steve, 12-25lb loomis IMX calcutta 250dc with 30lb

can stop a 1m+ from going anywhere near the deep, if the hooks can handle it :cheer:

when i fish for them i don't work the deep areas and don't allow them to run to the deep either so no barotrauma

the ones i got way up river still had tthe air bladder issue and they came out of 1-3mtrs of water, it can happen when they over excert themselves as well.

wesfish wrote:

nadders wrote:

the ones i got way up river still had tthe air bladder issue and they came out of 1-3mtrs of water, it can happen when they over excert themselves as well.

Time out of the water seems to increase it too I have noticed Wes, have been working fast as possible on the big girls.

Eug wrote:

nice one mate are you getting them on live bait? i've been experimenting and had no touches on hardy heads. mullet and herring are far and few between. prawns are always a goer though.
in the last few sessions they have been on silver biddies, mullet and prawns. nice and livelykicking and pulsing on the end of the line. and move them around a bit seem to work.

Archived