Looking for a new outfit. - Suggestions?

Hey all,

Im currently looking for a new outfit. At the moment, I have a 1 peice Shimano Sahara Rod 2-4 kg 7"0 which is paired up a Shimano Slade 25000 (Thanks to the wonderfull Mr Felix for christmas) and it is serving me well but I am now looking to upgrade.

I would like to stick to Shimano gear although I will look at other options depending on what others suggest (As I dont have much of an Idea at the moment).

Initially I would like to have a 2 peice rod (To make it easier for travelling options) with a the same or a simmilar weight catagory (Maybe a little heavier, but not any less)as Im currently happy with the weight at the moment.

I dont target any specific fish and mainly use Bait (on the odd ocasion I will flick a few plastics around).

Reel wise, I am looking at a Shimano Stradic 25000 but am still not to sure.

Any suggestions are welcome.

P.s. Not looking to spend an enourmous ammount of money, Probably not much more than $500 (maybe a little less)

You chasing marlin on the 25000 reels? Haha joking..

Firstly welcome to the site, you've given people enough info I think to help so here goes:

shimano t-curve 2-4 (don't quote me I think they may be 2-5/3-5) 2pc 7 foot rod paired with the workhorse 2500 stradic would be a great combo. Enough give in the rod to fish with finesse for bream but reliable rod and reel for by-catch of jewies, flathead etc

should be able to pickup that combo for 500 but I'm not 100% sure on price :)

goodluck

What are you targeting mate? For all-purpose I would say a pflueger trion(not sure if these come in 2 piece sorry) would match a shimano stradic well. I own two of these rods (2-4) and (3-5) and have found them to be great.

I think they start at around $130 for the basic and little more for the tournament

Archived