Finally back where I belong

Deancantfish

Hi guys, after an on and off absence of 5 years I got nailed by my son, who wanted Dad back in Brissy for his birthday present. So I have ended the divorce exile and walked into a new job and will soon be residing in the bayside (somewhere).

I have spent around 3years in Wollongong fishing mainly for lizards and snapper offshore. The rest of the time just chasing work as it presented itself. QLD suffered initially with the economic downturn, but bounced back, NSW is up the creek still.

Can't wait to get my boat back here and get out on the bay again, I saw some nice reds at manly boat ramp last weekend and hopefully again tomorrow morning.

I have a few fishing buddies to catch up with too.

Anyone heading to southern NSW that wants some gps marks, just let me know and I'll dig them out. These arent the book ones, these are ones that produce fish. I have them from Port stephens to Jervis bay.

Bloody good to be back.

Cheers

Dean B)

Welcome back to sunny qld from a former gong boy himself and to AFO.Did you do any LBGF and what has the fishing been like latley? We used to do a lot of between shellharbour and kiama for kingies,yellowfin and time to timeeven marlin.

cheers dassa

Hi Dassa, I didnt do any lbgf at all though I had a few mates they were into it. I did see a marlin hookup on the rocks at point perpendicular whilst trolling past..and dodging the snapper leads they were pegging at us. I mostly fished up near the new bridge in 16-18 mtrs for snapper...but there are plagues of chinaman leatherjackets there that bite everything off, its almost as bad as when the barracouta used to be around. There are also some new large colonies of seals there to make life interesting. Sometimes I wished for a bloody beach ball.

Cheers

Dean

Archived