Camera Question

Ash

Not sure if this is right thread area, but couldnt see any where else, so if wrong, \"my bad\"!

I'm looking to buy a new digital camera for taking out fishing, camping and any other photo taking sessions.

Just wondering if anyone has any feed back about their cameras? I will be looking at those water proof ones, you know the ones the dog chews up? Has anyone used or bought one of them? Any feed back would be good. My last one kinda died, due an arguement it had with about 2 inches of water!:lol:

Hi Ash

I use an Olympus 770sw. It's the one the dog chews. Its about $500 worth. They are waterproof to 10m and shockproof from a height of 1.5m. They are not shock proof if you run over them with a car.:whistle: (thats what happened to my last one). The first thing I did when I got it was fill the sink and dunk it under, no worries at all.

The only downside is they dont have a view finder to look through only the LCD screen and that can be a little had to see in the bright sunlight.

All the photos I post are taken with this camera. If you buy a 1 gig memory card that gives you 550 photos or about 45 min of video.

jeff f wrote:

i'm looking at buying the same model camera, can you download direct to your computer with them? does it require a special program to do so? does the program come with it or have to be bought seprately?

Eveything you need is in the box except the memory card. 1 gig cost $80 to $100 which is 550 photos.

Archived