Were to go this weekend

dan25

Hey guys

Trying to decide were to take the boat for its first outing this weekend. Thinking about the gold coast, but abit busy and boat traffic everywhere on weekends. If anyone knows some nice spots around there that would be great. ive got a few spots in mind just wondering.

Also, just thought about the mouth of the brissy river, launching from pinkenba ramp. After seeing all these threadys, snapper, jew and all the other good species being caught around the mouth, its got me keen to give it a crack. Just wondering were abouts people focus around the mouth, and would it be alright out there in a 4m Stacer, with a 25hp.

Thanks

dan

desmondfin wrote:

Ain't nothin' like throwing a hula popper

Draggin' it across a spot a big 'un oughta be

And ain't nothin' like having him for supper

With some good hush puppies and some sweet iced tea

It`s so good to see a clearly usefull and informative answer to someone`s simple question asking for helpful advice :dry:

yeah Dan.. a launch from Manly would be fine. There'll be soo many of us AFO crew out there that if you have any issues while you're out in the bay, there will be someone close by to swing out and help.

Weather is looking great too... you could fish Peel. Very close to Manly harbour.

dan25 wrote:

Hey guys

Trying to decide were to take the boat for its first outing this weekend. Thinking about the gold coast, but abit busy and boat traffic everywhere on weekends. If anyone knows some nice spots around there that would be great. ive got a few spots in mind just wondering.

Also, just thought about the mouth of the brissy river, launching from pinkenba ramp. After seeing all these threadys, snapper, jew and all the other good species being caught around the mouth, its got me keen to give it a crack. Just wondering were abouts people focus around the mouth, and would it be alright out there in a 4m Stacer, with a 25hp.

Thanks

dan

4m with a 25 is plenty... ive been well east of mud in a 12ft with a 15 :laugh:

As much as id love to enter the MBC, ive got sport on saturday, and we were going to head out Sunday. I had a look at what time the comp finishes Sunday, and it says 12, so probably just gonna hit the mouth of the brissy i think.

Archived