Logan Jews

Brian D

Sunday 4pm 9/7/6 Low tide in the Logan River, 2 days off full moon.

I'd been home from work about 10 mins and after a \"no fishing weekend\" I couldn't cope any longer and as the river is only 2 mins away in went the boat.

My daughter was bored so she went in the boat along with my yabbie pump, cast net and my drag net. That was it, it tooks all of 10 mins.

Straight to the yabbie bank from the ramp and crap - pump was buggered - hadn't used it since last year and the seal had disolved in the shaft.

So out comes the drag net and around a lillte puddle in middle of the bank. First drag and 4 good size bait whiting. Next drag around the bigger puddle and another 4 whiting, then a third drag and bingo - about 20 plate size whiting. Who needs a rod!

So with a bucket full of livies we headed down river to the rocks where we rigged up 3 rods, 1 deep and with heavy snapper sinker, 1 light sinker to sit below the surface and the 3rd no weight to swim around the surface.

2 hours of throwing lures and SP's while the baits were still swimming no jews were biting. With a cold and misseriable daughter I set the GPS for home. She (daughter) was a champion, she was freezing but never whinged a word and was great helping with the net. Pity I couldn't get her a big fish.

On the way up river there were at least 6 boats at different spots settleing in for the Logan River Jew Meditation, I wonder who caught the monster as I know someone would have. Good luck to them.

PS I forgot the camera again.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/07/10 21:35

Archived