Mouth of Brekkie Ck last night 16/4/2007

dhess

Hey guys went for a fish last night at the mouth of Breakfast Ck at about 8pm. It was very quiet and even catching bait was a struggle. I finally caught a prawn and an anchovie and got my two lines out.

For two hours nothing, not even a catfish. In the meantime I had netted a few more prawns and a couple of herring. I threw the net again and just as it sank to the bottom the rod with the live prawn went off 'zzzzzz'. I ran to the rod picked it up and nothing. Damn! I wound in the slack line put the rod down and went to retrieve the net when the rod went off again. This time I let it run for a few seconds before striking. I was on. The fish went off like a freight train. It quickly stripped nearly 100m of braid. After couple of decent runs I got it in. An 8kg threadfin. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

My first legal threadie. What a great way to christen my new outfit that I had just picked up that afternoon: A 6-8kg 7' ugly stick with an okuma baitrunner loaded with 9kg braid.

Dom

PS photos coming very soon

Archived