a few jew

Funfisher

Hey all

Headed down the Brisbane river for a few hours last night with dan and my old man it was a nice night and the conditions were glass all night. Started of getting a few herring for my dad and for something different we all ended up throwing them around for around an hour for not much more than a few hits with no hookups. After that dan and i changed back to the DT 60's and within 10 minutes were on to a nice sized bream and a lil snap and some more bream plus four jew followed during the next hour and a bit. Three of the four jew were hanging realy deep and only one hit on the drop and the rest were caught on the hop. We tagged and released the jew and released the rest. Unfortunatly no snapper for the table tonight but was good to get dad out on the water and catch up with nadders.

brissy11.jpg

brissy12.jpg

brissy13.jpg

keen lil bream

brissy14.jpg

brissy15.jpg

brissy16.jpg

Deep throater down deep

brissy17.jpg

brissy18.jpg

brissy19.jpg

brissy20.jpg

Cheers Funfisher.

Nice work guys, you fellas really know your stuff, I dont think ive ever seen the 2 of you guys donut.

Would be great to get out with you guys in the river one night, just be keen to learn how you young blokes manage to get so many wonderful fish....cheers Beejay

cheers guys and maybe one day beejay but i have quite a few of my mates i try to fish with but time is the issue with work and all it took me ages just to be able to get my own dad out their lol, and qbkami it is just standard tagging gun and tags and it is dans gear so he would be able to answer your question better.

its a dead simple applicator and dart tags for the larger fish, but not recommended to go near smaller fish without gun tags and a tagging gun. www.info-fish.net has all the details you need

my hand slipped on that jew a bit while applying the tag, and he spilled a bit of blood from the tag site, stopped quite quickly hopefully no dramas. usually its very clean and no blood.

the jew that deepthroated was very lucky, that was a size 1 owner treble on the front point and it hooked him right in the middle where the gill arches attach but didn't nick any gills. probably had 2mm of clearance either side before hitting a gill so very lucky not to have gotten a gill injury :ohmy:

anyway hopefully get out again soon, we just mounted and installed the new sounder and gps units and are having some issues with the wiring.

ps anyone know where the yellow wire on the lowrance units is supposed to go? lol

cheers

Dan

sehrguht wrote:

I think i saw you. Good job on the jew i had live prawns out all night and scored nothing, mate picked up a 50 flatty but that was it.

Threw a deepthroater around for a couple hours and managed to get a couple hits but no converting!

if thats the case you would have been in the unpainted alum. boat anchored up? we were in tristans white funfisher. What hooks are ya running on the throaters there mate ive found a big difference in hookup rates between various hook sizes and styles

ross was not much happening on the snap front but only really hit 2 spots all night, didn't want to stay out all night so we headed in after a few hrs on the water

cheers

Dan

Archived