Geratric Bay (Mooloolaba)

daveylad

Went out today for another boat and fish aroung Mooloolabam packed the boat and off we went, the main reason was to get the missus used to steerijg the boat so i can fish. Anyway I thought I'll call in at the coast Guard there and sign up as an Associate but while driving there I said, "jesys I've forgot my fishing knives, I'll call in at a fishing store in Mooloolaba and grab another one, so I goes into this store and buys the cheapest but really sharp knife sees a Mooloolaba Reef anchor so get that to and then some more hooks, so I'm leaving the stroe with my hands full and just gets outside the shop door and I drops the knife..it bounces (not rubber handle) then of course comes back and gets me on the leg with a 4inch lonh cut. Nice and sharp so I clean it and put a bandage on it..not even worthy of a photo. So I goes back to the car open the back door to put my gear in and Sh&t my other knives are there.

Went out into the Bay had a sail around and trolled arounf for a hour or so Macks and what Ireckon were Tuna everywhere still caught nothing but my leg begins to swell so I took of later to the Doctors 3 stitches and a large swelling where the blood congeled Worse of All fish everywhere inthe Bay again and didn't catch one P1000097.JPG

thats unlucky davey....and then to not be rewarded with something fishy well thats just rude!

you should hit ellicat up if you eva gash yourself again......i hear he threads a mean stitch....may even do house calls for the right price :P

dissapointing to hear you couldnt raise a mack....were they busting up like crazy again?

Hey mate

Apparently Lee (pcsolutionman) went up there the other day

Yellow fin, longtail and mack tuna everywhere, but they wouldn't hit anything... They tried all sorts of slugs and other crap but couldn't muster a hit... Goin up there saturday, so hopefully I can hook onto some!

I agree a new thread with accident stories and photos, my missus reckons I would be a regular. The weater was a bit blowy early in the day but settled later in the day when we packed it in about 2pm it was great most of the chop gone and the swell down. There were 3 blokes out there in small dinghy chasing fish, Yesterday I had a relly good look at the fish, again what a sight and I reckon they must have been Tuna big boof heads with a large round eye, a group in a line swam right under the boat in a perfect line abreast, like lightning they are great sight to see.

Terry H wrote:

Hey mate

Apparently Lee (pcsolutionman) went up there the other day

Yellow fin, longtail and mack tuna everywhere, but they wouldn't hit anything... They tried all sorts of slugs and other crap but couldn't muster a hit... Goin up there saturday, so hopefully I can hook onto some!

I tried small and medium slugs yesterday trolled 2 different lures, when we came out at the ramp I was talking to a couple of locals and they reckon its best to try to float a pillie into them or use slugs but they said slugs are real hit and miss, they reckon its best to get onto the reefs as they are too hard to catch in the Bay. Good Luck Saturday

Archived