Time to kill in Gladstone

silver_rex

Had a couple hours under my sleeve today while up in gladstone for work this week, of course I bought the rod and backpack with lures. Only managed to fish for about an hour, did ok i think :woohoo: :woohoo:

Caught on TD Sol 2500 and 12lb braid and Daiwa D Red Back 6-10lb rod & 20lb leader. Rapala X Rap lure did the damage :) Nearly spooled twice, upto my knees in mud chasing the dam thing and about 25min to land. Worth it? Absoeffinglutly!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: 1-20100602.jpg

post-4019-144598524995_thumb.jpg

good queenie they put up a fight and jump and carry on but i reckon your right fishing off the bank in croc country wes when you got mates with you just i never do it alone. i lived in north qld for a while and that was the rule of thumb B)

Yeah the thought did cross my mind about the crocs :dry: But had a couple locals help me out, like tugger mentioned safety in numbers.

Tugger believe it or not this one did not jump at all :( I thought I hooked a decent threadfin till I saw him bankside, was quite a nice suprise.

Damian2rad im not a CQ local, but up this way once a month for work.

Got some time again this afternoon, lets try for round 2 :woohoo:

Lmfao you got more chance of winning the lotto than getting hit by a croc in the calliope river, not saying there not there but ud have to be bloody unlucky.Lived and fished there most of my life even swam in there, im still alive..

Nice Queenie mate shame you didnt hit one of the huge barra that get around in the hot water outlet...

uglyfish wrote:

Lmfao you got more chance of winning the lotto than getting hit by a croc in the calliope river, not saying there not there but ud have to be bloody unlucky.Lived and fished there most of my life even swam in there, im still alive..

Nice Queenie mate shame you didnt hit one of the huge barra that get around in the hot water outlet...

Yeah I agree uglyfish, fished here plenty times with no problems. Never had a problem in the gulf when I travel up there and they are heaps more prolific up there :dry: But always know they are around. I was only chasing barra, but got by catch instead :P But have seen some horse barra pulled out of here earlier in the year :woohoo:

you get some big salmon there as well, if you have a boat there are some big finger mark n jack to get towards the mouth..

Mate try just the other side the main rd bridge theres an old boat ramp there(or atleast there used to be) ficlk some lures around there you will get jack barra salmon and big pikey bream..i caught some big trevers there also..

uglyfish wrote:

lol just a personal fear :unsure: :laugh: :laugh:

wesfish wrote:

uglyfish wrote:

lol just a personal fear :unsure: :laugh: :laugh:

fear..nah, it`s what I call "an inbuilt personalised automatic self preservation mechanism" ;)

Archived