Leader knot braid to Flourocarbon

SJS

Hey Bfo'ers

I've tried a number of leader knots to attatch flouro to my braid main line.

So far I have found the 'slim beauty' to be quite good.

I was wondering what others think.

Do you like this knot or do you like/prefer something else?

SjS :fishing:

Its funny how some swear by a knot that doesn't work for others. Uni knots always let me down, usually at the lure though. I use a slim beauty or a surgeons knot to join leader to mainline. If the one you are currently using hasn't let you down then there is no need to go looking for a new one.

I use standard albright to biimini twist.

Dan, any idea what is improved about the improved albright? Is it just slightly neater and more compact or what, as I am yet to break or slip a regular albright even during some epic battles.

im in the same boat as nadders, improved albright seems to go through the guides realy well.

when i first started using it i would limit my leaders to 0.5m because i didnt want the knot weakening as it hit the guides when casting, though lately ive "pushed" my own rules of leaders and found even on larger fish after repeated casts the knot holds well.

im know using roughly 1m to 1.5m of leader.

It depends what I'm fishing for... I'm like Dom, if I'm bottom bashing a reef or throwing plastics around for snapper I'll use a Bimini to an Albright knot.

On my lighter set ups I'll go with either a 5 turn surgeon knot or an albright knot. With the albright I loop the flourocarbon leader and twist the braid 6 - 8 turns up and same down. That depends on the breaking strain of the line I'm using.

I find the braid bites into the leader better this way.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Cheers

Brett

Depending on the combination of mainline to leader I use different variations of the albright/improved albright always doubling the mainline. Never bother with the bimini or any other type of double knot a waste of time IMO. For braid to heavy leader connection use Harro's variation as it goes through the guides best. On the outfit I use most for casting lures for larger fish in the river/bay/impoundment barra/cod ect I have 20 lb Crystal the improved albright on it doubled braid 6 times down 3 times back 30 lb Sunline FC 100 has been used for 5 trips been cast thousands of times and caught quite a few fish(better retie it before I forget)Always 100% confident in this knot ever since braided lines first came on the market.

Archived