GRRRRRRR

Gazza

Early finish Friday 12pm (today) thought yeah a relaxing few hours to check out the new local fishing @ Mog ferry took 2 rods got a couple of nearly legal Bream and as I was warned lots of little catties not great but a good way to wind down THEN along came a water RAT (jetski) not happy to stay on the otherside of the river he had to buzz right where I was Fishing can we shoot em :evil: stuffed up the fishing even the catties went quite so I pulled the pin in disgust !!

is that the norm for down there ??

or is there a legal way to deal with this kind of vermin they make carp look like Marlin in my eyes

maybe a speed restriction or no go zone would work ??

Gaz

ps: or train Bullies that they are live bait lol

If you super keen for peace and quiet (and i cant blame you for that) just head another 15min drive upstream to Kookaburra park.

Upstream of the ramp there is a very low knot limit (cant remember the exact figure off the top of my head).

This keeps the hoons and jet ski's away.

On another note, being that the area has a lot of boat usuage id be surpirsed if it deterred the fish for to long??

Angus

Gazza wrote:

can we shoot em :evil:

Gaz

ps: or train Bullies that they are live bait lol

I'm with you, Gaz - but let's get a few creative juices flowing here. Why shoot them when there could be so many more enjoyable alternatives? I like the live bait idea, and I reckon if you could catch a few of these hoons they'd make great chum/berley as well :evil:.

How about using them on (remote controlled) waterskis to drop shark baits off-shore at, say, Moreton? Of course, you'd want to be dropping floating baits, making sure that they were nicely tangled around the jetski first so they stayed nice and close, and wouldn't it be a shame if the motor suddenly quit just when the noah's started toothing around (remote control, remember?) :whistle:.

Anyways, I share your frustration, having had my fair share of run-in's with some of these idiots. I normally find that 6oz of pyramid-shaped lead acts as a reasonable deterent:evil: :evil: !

jetskis welcome to middle brisbane river:P

another alternative is to go down super early or abit later it keeps the ski lice away and is generally better fishing at twilight or fish with a group of angry samoans that will demolish them

another thing is to get some flea spray and spray them with it at the boat ramp:sick:

Archived