Montebello Islands WAs north west (new pics added)

Ben Derecki

Hey guys

We're hoping to do some product testing on this charter in a month or two so I just wanted to put a plug up for them, but not only for that, I know some of you guys don't mind paying out a bit to experience some great fishing - this is one to keep in mind, and I don't think it's actually pretty good value for what you get.

The Montebello Islands are an angling paradise off the northwest coast of WA, seriously good trolling action, 30kg+ GTs around the bombies and all sorts of emperor, jobfish, jacks, pearl perch etc in the deeper water.

If we go stay tuned, a ROTM contender will be on its way :laugh:

Anyway the spiel for the charter is below.. hope I'm not breaching any AFO policies in putting it up:

Western Australia's Blue Juice Charters has recently expanded its range of fishing charters to include a 5-day / 6-night live-aboard charter to Western Australia's Montebello Islands from July 2010.

The Montebello Islands, or the Monties as locals generally call them, is an archipelago made up of over 100 islands located 1,500kms north of Perth which offer the opportunity for out-of-this-world fishing, surfing, snorkelling and sightseeing.

The Monties are home to an incredible range of demersal fish species including coral trout, red emperor, spangled emperor, pearl perch and the hard fighting bluebone; and pelagic species such as giant trevally, wahoo, spanish mackerel, sailfish and marlin. Then there are the crustaceans: painted crays in the surrounding reefs and mud crabs in amongst the archipelago's mangroves.

In this amazing setting step onto the live-aboard boat Blue Water and forget about life for a few days as Blue Juice Blue Juice Charters Montebello Islands fishing trip takes you through some of the best fishing grounds in the world - while at the same time catering for all your needs.

Blue Juice Charters is the only charter company to run three crew which means all you need to do is fish and relax. No need to bring your own fishing tackle or bait as it's all provided. No need to clean fish as they are filleted, vacuum-sealed and frozen as soon as they hit the deck.

No need to cook your food as it's all prepared by Blue Juice Charters onboard cook. No need to clean up as before each the evening meal you will be ferried over to the islands on Blue Water's tender to enjoy the wildlife and amazing sunsets while the crew clean the boat ready for your return and dinner.

And the accommodation too is second-to-none. It's located below the deck in air conditioned comfort so it doesn't reduce the expansive fishing space and for those who prefer to sleep under the stars in this magical environment, camp beds are available and can be set up on deck.

All you need to bring on Blue Juice Charters Montebello Islands fishing charter is a sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries and alcoholic drinks (if required) - and drinks can be ordered in Exmouth and delivered to the boat.

A two-hour flight from Perth, available daily, will get you to Exmouth (Learmonth) where Blue Juice Charters will commence the 200km journey to the Islands.

Get onboard by yourself or with friends - make it the live-aboard experience you've always wanted to try - or private charter the whole boat, a Montebello Islands fishing charter can be tailored to your preferences.

Places are filling for the 2010 Montebello Island season, these won't last long so reserve your preferred dates as soon as possible.

For more information on a Montebello Islands fishing charter visit Blue Juice Charters website, email someone@bluejuicecharters.com.au or call 9203 5111.

Few pics here (the only ones I can get):

bluej14.gif

Here's a few pics off one of the local WA forums (fishwrecked.com) of some of the guys who have done the trek to the Montebello Islands.

Will try and get some of the big giant trev shots up later today...

Should just clarify that these guys didn't go with Blue Juice, they took their own boats out (with a few extra jerry cans of fuel!), but it does show you what it's like at this great destination.

DSCF2442.jpg

DSCF2469.jpg

Popping Potential Plus!

DSCF2450.jpg

DSCF2493.jpg

DSCF2461.jpg

kriso wrote:

mmmmm is that first one a jack or red bass?

hey kriso i had to find out cas if it was a jack then daym. but it isnt, according to DPI tis a red bass as they different from mangrove jack in having a deep pit on snout between eye and nostril (see pic)

Seaperch_Red_bass_500.jpg

Not being in contention or competition with any of the local boys who sponsor this site mate I dont see an issue plugging the charter mate.,

Awesome pictures!!!

Very slow downloading here (old school dial up at straddy) but ill have a proper look tonight at home.

Angus

Joel Eadie wrote:

hooked_on_trout wrote:
Ben on the 2nd last post with all the GT, What is that last huge toothy red brute?

Also is that a Grassy sweetlip before it?

Great pics BTW.

cheers

someone correct me if im wrong but its a chinaman isnt it?

great pics and report ben

Sure is Joel, Tugger just posted the ID.

Cheers

Archived