GOIN' FISHIN TOMORROW - need a spot to go... help?

AlsHilux

howdy night people,

i'm going fishing tomorrow but i'd like to try somewhere i might actually catch some fish.. getting a bit over the old hornibrook bridge and deep water bend..

anyone have any ideas? i'm gonna be up for another 10-15 mins.. so let us know if you have a good spot you wanna share that's not too far afield.

i guess i can always check again tomorrow before we go, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (don't be shy about baits and rigs either) =D

cheers!

Mate i dont know where you live.

But i have two suggestions.

Give Kookaburra Park at Karana Downs one last try before its winter and it slows down. Should still be some bullies and salmon there. Obviously live baits work the best here.

Or north pine dam and practice on the bass for June :P

Angus

Cheers guys, i'll definately be checking these places out after another slow day feeding the crabs and sacrificing my tackle to the submerged-rock-god!

I live in Kenmore, btw.

People keep goin on about this kookaburra park place, so i'm gonna have to go up and give it a go. Is it ok shore fishing there?

Sounds like you've got your bridge fishing technique down oztrav. Thanks for the heads up.

hey AlsHilux, i see u fish the pine, how are you finnding it there at the moment? i havent caught a decent fish up there for ages, in the past 12 months i've probably caught 1000 15cm bream and the odd average fish amongst them.i guess this is a good sign for future stocks but the decent fish seemed to have vanished.

I really think the river has been over fished, dad and i would always get us a feed without fail when i was younger. but i guess back then in the late 90's we used to get rain every summer and the river would always get a good flush out a couple of times a year. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Post edited by: Troy_79, at: 2007/04/25 22:26

Yeah dohels rocks was really good, i'll never forget one morning dad and i anchored up there and got into the bream all of them over 30cm and withen 10 min about 12 boats came from nowhere surrounded us and every boat were catching bream for over an hour non stop action. it was crazy. that was in 1997 and i have never seen that happen again.

these days i usually bypass dohles rocks and head up towards the sth pine and furhter up where it isnt so busy. done alot better up there but you have to have alot of paitence

Archived