Slightly late Perth trip report

Do$tylz

Sooo... late report time :D

Went to Perth for work for a week between June and July and got to squeeze in some fishing.

Had a quick flick on Wednesday night between the Canning Bridge and the ferry terminal for a whole lot of nothing :P... sx40 and gulp shrimp did nothing for me.

Sooo.. the next morning I had a job down about 60km south of Perth city in Mandurah...scoped the place out on Google Maps and figured I'd hit up the marina down there. Got there at 6 thinking it was going to be light by then... long story short - nope... it was 7am by the time the sun started to appear.

The marina looked fishy as... in fact i'd say it was the fishiest looking marina i've seen. The walkway around it was about 1m from the water and at the bottom of the retaining wall, there was a rock/boulder gradual drop off that went down to maybe 4m. Fully visible to the bottom...the water was so clear.

Anyway... as fishy as it looked... it was a fail.

After 45minutes of touchless, finger frozen casting, I came up trumps... LUM__442_AFO.jpg

after that.. caught nothing else. Except a nice breakfast by the water and nice tunes of Dave Matthews played in the cafe. Disappointed on the fishing front, at least I left with a full stomach :D

So it wasn't until the next day that I got to hook up with one of our site sponsors with LEMAX rods, Ben Derecki. Skipped work at 3pm and headed off back to Ben's to meet his very cute family. Got to have an acrobatics show from his little girl :)

Hooked up the boat and headed off to grab a quick bite on the way to the launch spot. Man.. their boat ramps are awesome. No need to get your feet wet cos there's little mini jetties that run square to the waters edge that you can just walk your boat along when you get it off the trailer. LUM__454_AFO.jpg

set the burley trail and I chucked a 5" shad around. Nothing for a short while when Ben spots a little school of silver trevs sitting in our burley trail. I lob my placcy in and bring in a little silver trev...can't remember what they call them there.. LUM__459_AFO.jpg

The silver trevs disappeared quickly, so we kept cubing and burleying up waiting for that screaming run... so while that happened I got stuck into their herring...think they call them Tommy Ruffs... They were hanging about in the burley trail and didn't leave until we did. Didn't get any pictures of these but they're a decent size and I caught maybe 30?? Apparently good eating and great bait so I grabbed a few for Ben for his next trip.

Anyway.. Ben hooked up and quickly called it for a bonnet...wrong.. LUM__466_AFO.jpg

So after a couple of these banjos we made the call to head home so that we could be both be asleep at a reasonable time and back at work the next day.

Again, thanks a heap for taking me out Ben. I look forwards to repaying the favour when you get over here.

Cheers for reading :)

Archived