REMINDER OF CARPBUSTING

Bud

Just a reminder to anyone who wants to join me. Next weekend the 5th of May I will be hitting the Waterford West area to see if I can catch some carp. Will be there about 7am and will play it be ear. Don't know how good it will be but apparently there are some good carp in the lake there. Probably take the barbie and some snags so feel free to bring something to eat if you wish to. Oh and beers should almost be compulsory in case the fishing is slow. Look forward to seeing you all there on Saturday week.B)

Tygum lagoon: map 262. ref.H,12.

If the fishing is no good there the logan river runs along beside it so can always try there as will.

Hey Bud,

Count me in. It will be my first meet up with a member so excited to cull some carp.

I live on the logan but further down near Cornubia.

I've never caught carp before. What gear should I bring. ie. size rods, reels etc

Also what bait would anyone suggest.

Cheers

Mate an amateur mysself but research tells me berley the day before with stale bread, soaked chicken feed pellets or sweet corn so I will go down on Friday and do this. Then to fish using the same as above.

Also flies and smalll to medium lures work well.

Hook size 8-1/0

Line strength 1-4 kg

Bait Worms, Maggots grubs, bread, corn, dough, mussels, shrimp and small yabbies

Lures. Small spinners, spoons, plugs and minnows and flies.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Can someone confirm there is a park there the kids can play in? I am looking after the kids that day whilst the wife is off doing something or other with her mates.

Probably wont be able to fish much, but I can let the kids let off steam and have a yarn.

Archived