I am off to Urbanville for the weekend!

Feral

Well peoples, I am off to Urbanville for the weekend, will be camping at the showgrounds. Whats at Urbanville you ask -

Well Gold Coast tweed motorsport club are having their annual Rally there, and I will actually be spectating, for the first time in a long time! (Normally I volunteer to be an official!)

Its wet (I think I remember what that stuff that falls from the sky in other states is), muddy, cold ( minus 9 last year, but hopefully it will stay above zero this year!).

I'll be with good mates, fast cars (yeah legal fast cars Dazza!) no wives or kids. Heaven! (Mind you the women in rally circles are not much to skite about, almost enough to force a bloke back to drink)

Back sunday evening, you better have some fishing reports for me to read!

Sounds like fun Feral !! Fast cars ,wet conditions makes for even better spectating:ohmy: ...

Feral Ive always wanted to get into rallying(legal racing) but it would be way out of my budget:pinch: and to time consuming. Spent many years thrashing through the Bush (before I got my L's) in my \"66 Special\" she was a good old girl:( but now I like to just drive in a straight line as fast as I can go with the occasional drift chucked in...:whistle:

Well I had a top weekend, only nearly got run over once, by a renault alpine of all things, saw some very skilled drivers and had a good catch up with my mates from Rocky and various other rally clubs about the place.

Only down side of the weekend was a newby who rolled his new rally car 3 times. Made quite a mess of it.

Only injury of the weekend was a pit crew member who had a few beers a little early, fell over a trolley jack and headbutted an axle stand. 10 stitches and a trip to Kyogle hospital later he back for a few more beers!

Dazza,

Its an extremely expensive sport, the fees to race for a year are more than a reasonable classic rally car costs, ($300 for a small club event up to $1200 to run in the ARC support races, you can pick up a reasonable car like a gemini or datsun 1600 for $3000 - $5000). Even to navigate (co drive) is extremely expensive (rule of thumb is Navigator pays half of entry fee), thats why I am an official and not a competitor!

Archived