jumpinpin august 13-15

Troy_79

Well the fishing was abit on the slow side but still had a very enjoyable weekend with my mates. the housebaot was awesome was probably better then my house lol.

The fishing was slow but we caught a variety of fish such as bream, flathead, pike, squire, shovel nose shark, rays, tailor and sole. Not may bream arounf which was abit of a surprise only got 5 over the 3 days. No whiting either which was also a surprise as in the past we've called some beauties down there at theis time of year. not sure if the recent rain affected them but the weather was bloody brilliant.

On sat arvo we headed to cabbage tree point to drop off a mate who had to go home so we anchored at tabby tabby island while we took him over in the tinnie but i stayed on board as the area looked like prime bream and flattie territory. No bream but caught an absolute monster of a flattie. I swear this thing was almost a metre long and got it right up to the net but the net was to small. For some reason my mate grapped my line anf tried to yank it into the net :ohmy: i was like wtf are u doing and as i said it the flattie escaped. Was always going to release it but man it would've been a great pic, oh well thats fishing for ya :) Overall it was an awesome weekend and if u haven't done it before i highly recommend it.

I did catch my 1st shovel nosed shark which went 2.1kg ate it that night and wow i loved it was very impressed :)

cheers, troy 100_0886_AFO.jpg:)

post-618-144598530728_thumb.jpg

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Sounds like a good weekend mate. I've done the house boat thing down there for a week, great week apart from the sh!t weather. We camp now at Cobby sometimes, great fun even though the fishing is average down there.

We anchored at cobby on friday night and hardly caught a thing. the same for tiger mullet on sat night but it did fire up abit on sunday morning. I've caught some of my best fish in cobby but its been very dissapointing the last 2 years

Archived