A few days at 1770...

Boydy

Hey guys.

Dont report much but here goes.

Headed up to 1770 with a few mates including hooked on tackle from AFO.

PLan was to head offshore, hit the estuaries and relax and have fun.

Ended up with a couple of trip offshore for a very mixed bag of fish and some good feeds. Best part about the trip was really sussing out the capacity of my boat which has seen plenty of offshore moreton and mooloolaba action but not really out of site of land.

Spending the weekend with Angus and Tanya at straddy this weekend so there should be more reports coming.

Thanks.

Boydy.

Hooked on tackle with a trout.

. 3-20100915.JPG

There were actually plenty more fish caught, but I am not in the habit of taking pictures of every fish caught yet. A half dozen legal reds, that coral trout and some other random reefies meant we ate well. A lot of large grunter bream in shallower water as well.

hooked_on_trout wrote:

The Chinaman fish, what is the reason you cannot eat them, toxin?

My aunty once ate a fish up that way and she got sick many years ago, now she cannot eat fish at all.

cheers

Yeah man its that ciguatera. Apparantly they have a more than average concentration of it.

Angus

hey is it worth me dragging my boat up there in december?? I'm heading up to 1770/agnes water for a week with my mates and I'm not sure if its worth dragging my boat up there...

Good report Boydy. I'm sure there will be more pics from your trip with Angus... he takes more pics than an international tourist :P

Do$tylz wrote:

hey is it worth me dragging my boat up there in december?? I'm heading up to 1770/agnes water for a week with my mates and I'm not sure if its worth dragging my boat up there...

Good report Boydy. I'm sure there will be more pics from your trip with Angus... he takes more pics than an international tourist :P

Pretty sure Tomca took his up earlier this year or last.

Sounds like it was a top weekend, Boydy. Picked up a smaller version of one of those chinaman fish near Peel one morning. They're certainly pretty.

Archived