wanted low profile esky

Eug

hi all,

i'm after a low profile esky, have looked at usual brands and have found nothing to suit. not too keen on custom as i'd like a polyethelene construction.

rough external dimensions would be around 800mm (L) x 400mm (W) x 300mm (H), around the 60-80L mark. give or take.

any suggestions? thanks.

Eug wrote:

i'd like to incorporate it as a bench seat faulked, i have a design which i'd like integrated with the esky and a long low profile one would suit my target fish, i.e. barra and threadies

Me too. So far the wife's purse has been adequate unfortunately. :(

I'm watching this thread closely as I have been on the lookout for a low and long one as well. Ideally I'd like one the same length and width as the back bench seat and about 30cm high.

I've been search ebay for an esky and there a re a few manufacturers on the sunshine coast that make eskys that fit the bill

search "ice box" the companies are Blizzard, Subzero & The ice box company

The Ice Box co & Blizzard come from the same manufacturer and costs about $165 - $175 collect and measures 1350l x390w x 430h 100 Litres

Saw these at Bunnings during the week too but forgot to post up.

The seals don't seem to be great quality. One I looked at the lid was warped and the seal was affected accordingly. They're not all like that though, but I'd be a bit wary of them warping in the sun if the plastic quality isn't there.

The price was pretty good too - $179 I think for the one Bri described.

I visited two Bunnings - Caloundra and Mansfield.

The Caloundra store had the better range but also the roughest stock.

I only noticed the dodgy seals on the two I looked at at Caloundra. SO decided to keep my money and keep looking. The Mansfield store didn't have the dimensions I was after so didn't pay close attention.

It might pay to suss them out at Cannon Hill which is one of their larger local stores so should have a good range.

I don't know if they have a decent warranty or not, which could help to sway the decision.

• 2 months later...

hey,

have u looked on ebay there is a guy on there that sells them really cheap and there really good make we buy all of ours from him. plus you can pick it up from him hes on the sunny coast

cheers doss
/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180601499428#ht_4570wt_898

Archived