Baroon Pocket - Can you get fish from the bank?

mcdeyess

North pine is another one I wanted to try. I was looking at baroon for a family trip. Early morning fish and lunch at montville. I was going to use some lures, scorpions and laserpro's. My step-son only like bait so I will have to work something out.

Cheers,

Dyce

Yeah you can fish land based at Baroon, if your looking for lunch at Montville, obviously the montville access will be where you want to go.

You can fish along the rock wall near the boat ramp, or from the bank further along in the picnic area. Lures - take something that will work over weed submerged about 2 foot under, some deeper diving stuff for the swimming area (which is clear of weed) or off the wall. Anything up to 100mm. If your real early try some poppers.

Baroon is a beautiful dam and well worth a family visit. If your kids are young, and your at the montville end, take something to BBQ, it will keep the kids amused when the scrub turkey's and the resident large goanna fight over the scraps!

Be warned though whilst a nice quiet place during the week, it can get busy on weekends!

North Pine is probably a better bet for getting fish, but it is very low, dry and not really attractive for a family outing at the moment. Dont let the kids get to close to the edge, unless you like washing off mud.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/05/05 22:06

hmmm well we actually finished up going to North Pine dam around Forgan Cove. In a couple of hours this morning I managed to get zip. I would say that speaks more about me as a rookie angler than anything else. There were a few guys further around that got on to a couple. It was kind of frustrating as we could see the fish popping up occasionally but they seemed just a little out of casting range for my lures. Tried a scorpion, laserpro and jumpstumper... no joy 1 hit all morning. Nothing on a few plastics.

Back to fishing flatties for me I think... might try nudgee tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dyce

Archived