Can we change fish of the month?

polyphonic

Should / could we change the fish of the month to include people that don't have boats? The last few months have seen Bill fish, Mackreal, Tuna, Wahoo. What about all the people that dont have access to deep water?

There are plenty of species that can be tergeted from land that are classed as sport fish on the light gear and from my understanding more than half our members dont have boats.

This way it might be more intresting than one entry a month.(sorry Rob I know you've been enjoying the prizes) Here are ones I was thinking.

Bream

Flathead

Barra (maybe in conjunction to the Awoonga trip or a trip to Lenthalls)

Bass (winter camp)

Squire/Snappa

Shark

Mangrove Jack

Trevally

Whiting

Tailor

Yellow Belly

Toga

Jew

Theadfin Salmon

Most of these fish can be targeted land based or at least from a yak.

What do you guys think.

Hi guys,

polyphonic some good suggestions and we will take them on board, but as discussed already the next few month's species are locked in. After these are done we are open to suggestions and then we will post the next few months and then these will be set. I will make a new thread for month and species for people to make suggestions.

For all concerned,

The Fish of the Month competition is a small competition to aimed at seeing what people can catch when set with a challenge, as well as getting member's active on the site. It is also a way for us to give back to the members prizes for their effort in making this a great site.

This competition is being run in conjunction with other fishing groups, who in turn are promoting and helping us grow AFO. As a result, the species are jointly decided upon between all parties, so no one single group (eg freshwater or estuary) will be targeted continuously. We aim to nominate various types of fish for all types of fishing. The AFO site is a broad fishing site for all anglers in the South-East Qld region and we encourage all types of fishing.

Hope that answers questions you may have about this competition

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/05/19 10:36

• 3 weeks later...

Archived