King of the pin

Aaron H

Well my mate has suckered me into entering King of the pin this weekend (I wanted to go to Lenthalls). Anyone else flying the flag for AFO down there?

Any tips on fishing the pin? (My mate grew up fishing down there so reckons hes got the spots sussed)

I have never fished there, but I had never really fished the Brisbane river until the classic and got 2nd in the Bream section. Hoping for beginners luck again:laugh:

Aaron at the moment there are some big bream being caught along kalinga bank, short and crusoe islands and cobby passage which is my favourite spot.

We are spending another weekend down there next weekend on a houseboat fishing around cobby and slipping sands. I Spent a weekend down there a couple of months ago on a houseboat and the report is on this site if you want to have a look.

Also i reliable source has told me that the tailor have been showing up in large numbers throughout the pin, so i cant wait til next weekend:)

Good luck

troy.

Ok got more info, its the 25th, 26th and 27th of May (this weekend)

$15 entry for adults, $5 for kids, entry forms available at a variety of tackle stores southside, I know for a fact Tackle warehouse coorparoo, gem bait and tackle, Logan river marine, water tower bait and tackle Manly have entry forms a few other places as well.

Heaviest Bream, Tailor, Flathead, whiting and Jew categories

A boat, motor and trailer outfit is up for grabs as an entry pize.

Hey Tristan mate,

What date is it?

Do you know more or less the details?

I cant find anything on the internet for it.....

I really want to get a few AFO teams entered so i would appreciate it immensely if anyone knew the details.

Cheers.

Angus

Aaron H wrote:

$15 entry for adults, $5 for kids, entry forms available at a variety of tackle stores southside, I know for a fact Tackle warehouse coorparoo, gem bait and tackle, Logan river marine, water tower bait and tackle Manly have entry forms a few other places as well.

Achtung Angus!

PS Who is Tristan ?

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/05/23 16:25

ellicat wrote:

Aaron H wrote:

Achtung Angus!

Who is Tristan ?

Sorry,

Tristan = Funfisher.

Angus

P.S. Thats why i almost always have my handle as my real name :P

Maybe sometime this winter we can organise our own afo trip down the pin. this could be a day where we could have our own little comp or a weekend on a housboat??

If we were able to get enough people for a houseboat we only need to give a few weeks notice to the houseboat company. the approx cost for a weekend would be around 100 bucks each if we got a full boat.

Troy_79 wrote:

Maybe sometime this winter we can organise our own afo trip down the pin. this could be a day where we could have our own little comp or a weekend on a housboat??

If we were able to get enough people for a houseboat we only need to give a few weeks notice to the houseboat company. the approx cost for a weekend would be around 100 bucks each if we got a full boat.

house boat would look like a floating porcupine with all the rods sticking out of it:blink:

Archived