Our week at Brunswick Heads ..... Maxie's PB

Nickers

Just spent a week down at Brunswick Heads. We stayed in a cabin at Massey Greene Holiday Park. The view from our balcony.

DSCF6480.jpg

This holiday had many first's for Maxie.

First fishing session....

DSCF6476.jpg

First fish caught and a PB 37cms

DSCF6478.jpg

First ride in the "Big Red Car"

post-5386-144598575368_thumb.jpg

First ride in "Unsinkable II"

IMGP1549.jpg

Max checked out the seaworthiness of the vessel before his first voyage

IMGP1558.jpg

After his maiden voyage he decided to check spacing for a game chair out the back

IMGP1562.jpg

I'll let Tom add the "fishing" aspect of this holiday (and if he says he didn't get much fishing in then he LIED) :P

Yeah I got a couple of hours of fishing in here and there ;)

Although the yak only got wet a couple of times and Massey Greene has a great launch spot.

IMGP1567.jpg

Heaps of sweet spots from the shore everywhere.

Plenty of solid bream caught upto 38cm, and a few small flathead. In the marina I got dusted up too often on oyster coated rocks/pylons and boats. The bream fight really dirty in there. I bent plenty of hooks on trevally in there too. Most were 3kg+ and my 'heavy' outfit of 6lb just wasn't up for the challenge. I caught only one fish on a hardbody lure and zero interest in blades (which was unusual). The small bream loved the monstermiki's but the pink damiki rippers did the damage on the better quality fish, and the trevs loved 'em too, not that I landed any this trip.

IMGP1535.jpg

IMGP1565.jpg

Jono: over my dead body. It was quite nice that the whole stretch from Brunz to Byron is a ski and PWC free zone. I just wish Bligh would close off some of the coasts from them instead of fishing. I think they are more damaging to the environment than me.

Ty: Maxi pics are all Nickers doing.

Gus: Rippers are my go to plastic at the moment, monstermiki's a close second

T/box: Ferry Reserve had fewer patrons this week, but MG is right next to the marina and has a couple of beaches and easier to launch the yak. No head knocks from slippery ramps, you can imagine the sort of damage that can do to someone :ohmy:

Archived