2011 State of Origin

Travis

I've never been but reckon it would be good to get out, meet a buch of AFO'ers, fish a new place, and sink a few cans... bring on the road trip :)

P.S is it boat based only, or land based welcome?

Manni all are welcome - land based can fish, but with all AFO events deckie spots are offered so you nay be lucky and be able to jump aboard a boat.

Yeah but we're not asking Dassa back surely, not after the last year!

blah, blah, blah

Hahaha i love the state v state rivarly already, although i'm torn, Sydney boy living in Brisbane....

blah, blah, blah

I don't know what it is but every time I hear a mexican talk it just sounds like blah, blah, blah maybe its just a difference in the language. :blink::P

BTW Manni, maybe you should fish for NSW - and act as a translator.

Well why am I the voice of reason it hurts!As travis has said I don't care where it held but as a team event we need the cater for boaties,the tupperware navy,land based fisho's and those,how do we say lets call them the dinkum's (sorry davo) :P :silly: it's those that want to fish but but get so shit faced to fish and suffer all weekend from hangovers but have a great weekend with out even catching a fish.

that was only the first year dassa .

last year i still only fished the last morning ,i just spent the whole weekend chillin with no kids .

but there is plenty of other people that run a muck ,they replaced me last year .

i was off being good and sleeping .

• 1 month later...
I see that there is a third prise after QLD and NSW does this mean that we are going to allow people from across the ditch to enter a team?

Cheers

Ray

I think you are confused with the Category placing and the overall winner.

Each category is worth points as per below:

To decide the winning State in the State of Origin, each state will receive State Points on each place for each category. So once all entries have been submitted, the competitor that wins each place will receive State Points for the State they are representing. The State Points will be tallied up and the winning State will be the one with the most points.

• 1st Place = 70 State Points

• 2nd Place = 50 State Points

• 3rd Place = 30 State Points

Thus an induvidual still takes away a prize for placing in each category.

However each placing earns its allocated points and these are tallied at the end, based on what team each placing angler was competing for and thus a winning state is decided.

Angus

We will not be publishing an official competitors list for privacy reasons but if you would like to make it known to other members you are coming please RSVP to our Calendar event for this:

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/72-2011+State+Of+Origin+Fishing+Competition

This will help people work out who is where etc hopefully...

Angus

Archived