2011 State of Origin

Travis

i dont think places are chosen because they are close to your place, people travel hours to go to some of these events, so how about you think of those too, your an hour away? and the pin area offers so many options. you have to the north, the bay islands all the way to the broadwater. and everywhere in between.

don't care where they chose.

the guys will consider lots of thing to chose where the event is held .

it been at Brunswick heads twice, which is a big drive for a lot of us.a lot of people went ,some from inland Queensland ,that's a mega drive for them .

a great thing about these events is that u go some where different ,from where u would usually camp and fish .

i dont think places are chosen because they are close to your place, people travel hours to go to some of these events, so how about you think of those too, your an hour away? and the pin area offers so many options. you have to the north, the bay islands all the way to the broadwater. and everywhere in between.

Would like me to re-phrase it for you noname.

Depending on where the location for the 2011 state of origin is held will deteremind if i enter as an angler or not. If it were to be at bribie island and have a great chance to getting possibly a place as i have fished that area before and have no experience with the Jumpinpin/Jacobs Well area.

Depending on where the location for the 2011 state of origin is held will deteremind if i enter as an angler or not. If it were to be at bribie island and have a great chance to getting possibly a place as i have fished that area before and have no experience with the Jumpinpin/Jacobs Well area.

shimanobrowie i dont think you get it buddy ,state of origin isnt about the individual doing well in return to score prizes for them selves,Mate its all about team work its a team event.oh and there are team building exersises held hourly at these sort of events morepiss morepiss:lol: :lol:

Davo's on the money. I liked Brunswick because I had never been and it was a great fishery. I don't like Bribi and if it is held there I wont attend (BUT THATS MY OPION). The Jacobs well idea is great, so many options there and it is localish to those that need to travel although don't forget that Bruns is a fair travel for most of us from Brisbane, including the organisers.

shimanobrowie i dont think you get it buddy ,state of origin isnt about the individual doing well in return to score prizes for them selves,Mate its all about team work its a team event.oh and there are team building exersises held hourly at these sort of events morepiss morepiss:lol: :lol:

its about haveing a good time ,catching up ,haveing a fish for your state .

yeah pretty much what mick said .

the prizes are just something nice

for me the strength of this event is that we all camp together. So where it is held i think should be determined by the availability of a good campsite. Brunswick heads was awesome and to tell the truth I would be happy to have it held there again. I loved it. Like all events on AFO I go for the social i think than the fishing. Camping brings out the best in people and encourages folks to get down and tell stories.

Texas has a lot of camping and river....and only one copper (as long as booty doesn't come) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suits me Elli, not as far for me to drive :whistle: :lol: :lol:

Doesnt realy bother me where it is, I just go for the social side and catch up with friends that I havn't seen for a year or so.

Anyhow cant remember how to fish these days :unsure:

See Yas there, whenever it is on..

Laurie.

The jumpinpin area would be nicely sheltered if the weather decides to blow and there are great land based options down at jacobs well with the jetty there and a nice beach that runs down to a creek mouth. Plenty of camping with a caravan park right next to the ramp and plenty of islands to hunt around for boats and kayaks alike, only 1 hour from the nsw border but i think the fact it would be the largest area that is most sheltered that would be its real value

just my 2 cents worth

I've never been but reckon it would be good to get out, meet a buch of AFO'ers, fish a new place, and sink a few cans... bring on the road trip :)

P.S is it boat based only, or land based welcome?

Manni all are welcome - land based can fish, but with all AFO events deckie spots are offered so you nay be lucky and be able to jump aboard a boat.

I've never been but reckon it would be good to get out, meet a buch of AFO'ers, fish a new place, and sink a few cans... bring on the road trip :)

Manni all are welcome - land based can fish, but with all AFO events deckie spots are offered so you nay be lucky and be able to jump aboard a boat.

Yeah but we're not asking Dassa back surely, not after the last year!

Hey Manni even some of us catch jack's at the last one but because the queenslanders weren'nt good enough to catch one they didn't count for points :evil: :evil:

i dont care where it is, same structure as bruns is the go i rekkon where HQ is at a campground that you can drive to, so everyone is at the same place... or whats the point of the whole team thing... bribie could work if it were at donnybrook camp grounds or similar, just gotta watch the tides unless were allowd to tie boats to the jetty at the store who runs the grounds, there is a ramp onsite anyway if not, grounds arent that big tho i dont know how many they could cater for

Well why am I the voice of reason it hurts!As travis has said I don't care where it held but as a team event we need the cater for boaties,the tupperware navy,land based fisho's and those,how do we say lets call them the dinkum's (sorry davo) :P :silly: it's those that want to fish but but get so shit faced to fish and suffer all weekend from hangovers but have a great weekend with out even catching a fish.

Hey Manni even some of us catch jack's at the last one but because the queenslanders weren'nt good enough to catch one they didn't count for points :evil: :evil:

Hahaha i love the state v state rivarly already, although i'm torn, Sydney boy living in Brisbane....

Hahaha i love the state v state rivarly already, although i'm torn, Sydney boy living in Brisbane....

Mate no question your origin is NSW I'm from the gong and lived here 20yrs this year,once a cockroach always a cockroach so don't let those filthy cane toads try and brain wash you :woohoo: :woohoo:

just a thought, about rainbow beach, i know it's a drive oh but what a great part of the world to visit, get drunk at, and fish at, has a large diversity of species to be had by all sorts of boat sizes to offshore to gettin mackrel in protected waters to snapper inside the protected waterways, and not to mention crabbing, there is na campsite at carlo point caravan park which just happend to have a boat ramp right beside it and it'a a beauty too, suitable for all sizes of boats, speed jumps, whatever. might have to do a pre fish with some of the suspects, and i like the fact you only have to go out 3 km from the bar to catch quality fish, but the bar can bite there, thats the only downfall really. that damn bar, it is long and can be really dangerous, food for thought.

rob

Archived