What a great morning, 7 Snub nosed gar!

Okuma82

G'day,

I went fishing at lake Samsonvale, Bulloky rest this morning, decided to go off the beaten track and look for a new fishing spot and i found a great one.

The last 4-5 times ive been fishing i didnt catch a thing so i decided to change tactics and use the old float, a tiny size 8 gamakatsu circle hook and bread and within seconds of the line being in the water i got a hit and it was a beautiful 8" gar, a snub nose.

Unfortunately i didnt have my bloody cam with me as i didnt think i was going to catch anything.

I was there for 2 hours and cought 7 more of these beautiful gar of different sizes, all in great condition and released them back in to the lake. Next time i go to this spot ill take my camera for sure and post some pics.

Just thought i would share. Cheers-

Darren.

Thanks for the support,

Only started a few months ago and am doing pretty well, ive cought plenty of tilapia, a few small bass, nearly cought a catfish, think it was an eel tailed catfish and now ive got several beautiful snub nosed gar under my belt.

Im loving it, ther have been times where i havnt cought a thing, didnt even get a nibble and im cool with that, its teaching me to be patient too with is great as im not ususaly a patient bloke lol.

Ive still got allot of learning to do and im starting to built up a good selection of kit, ive got a bunch of different soft plastics, poppers, spinners, shallow diving lures as well as different hooks and better line.

So far im loving the lucky craft, cultiva, daiwa, bassman and river 2 sea lures and am hoping to better my technique, cought a few on lures but so far ive done better at float fishing with bread than lures but its early days yet.

Ill post pics here next time i go fishin, hoping to catch something bigger.

Cheers-

Darren

Archived