Fishing Pumicestone Passage

Nitris

Put the boat in today at the Caloundra end of the Passage. Drizzly rain, bit of wind. Still had nothing better to do. Put the boat in near the coast guard at about 9am. The tide was just comming in still. It turned in about half an hour after starting fishing. Went over to the back side of the tip of Bribie island.

post-3112-144598605743_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598605755_thumb.jpg

Fliked a 4 inch sp along here with no hits, Changed up to a sx40, with some success. Caught 2 pike in the boat and droped 3. Screwed around there for a about an hour and a half. Decided to make my way back out towards the bar. While making my way over there, i gave some of the covered rock structure some working over with that sx40 again. No luck along there, im still to get a bream on a lure. Anyway, drifted the mouth of the passage for the next hour or so.

post-3112-144598605763_thumb.jpg

Managed to get me a little flatty, he sucked that 4 inch sp all the way in. Still on and off drizzle so decided to call it around middday.

post-3112-14459860577_thumb.jpg

Caught this guy the other day off my jetty the other day. Used a live herring, The shovel nose is over one meter easily. The tide was low so had to climb down the ladder to get close to it. Far too heavy to lift it out of the water, also way too large for my net.

Cheers guys

Welcome home !

The reunion to local waterways begins.

When I lived a street back Bells Creek ramp in Caloundra I would catch flatties all day drifting the sand banks with diver whiting. I hear there are a few trevs these days in the canals.

Thanks ellicat, im very keen to get to know this area again. I cant wait to get onto some trevs.. maybe even some of those pelican waters Barra :woohoo: once easter settles down, i will make regular trips to fish Brisbane. I Went out again this morning on my jetty fished the end of hightide and the start of the runout. Caught some pike, on sx40's and sp's. Something was sucking on my live herrings i had out, maybe more shovelnose? anyway nice way to spend the morning.

Archived