need a new bass rod

ipk18

just after a few ideas i need a new bass/bream/flattie rod i lost my t curve off my kayak the other week i was thinking a 1to 3kg but i have seen a kustom rods 1 to 4kg and it looks nice but have no idea how many$$$ would like to keep the price below about $400.00 and will put another ci4 on it

cheers Tim

just after a few ideas i need a new bass/bream/flattie rod i lost my t curve off my kayak the other week i was thinking a 1to 3kg but i have seen a kustom rods 1 to 4kg and it looks nice but have no idea how many$$$ would like to keep the price below about $400.00 and will put another ci4 on it

cheers Tim

I will be watching your post Tim very close, I to am looking for a 1/3 or 2/4 rod and i also want to buy a 1000 size reel. Not sure what to get at this stage.. Dont find many reels in 1000 size. :)

cheers Tim

I will be watching your post Tim very close, I to am looking for a 1/3 or 2/4 rod and i also want to buy a 1000 size reel. Not sure what to get at this stage.. Dont find many reels in 1000 size. :)

Hi mate do u hv any personal preference like grip type or material etc?

Generally if you prefer cork grip, for that price range I found Graphiteleader's Vigore are good. All of them are under 100g and some shorter models are under 80g which are very light and should balance a 1000 size reel very well.

But I think you ll like the UL power as they are quite stiff compare with our aussie bream rods becos they are designed for large mouth black bass.

/>http://www.olympic-co-ltd.jp/g/movie/vigore_t.html

Or in aussie market I still think the samarais are very good choices.

Cheers.

never tried em but heaps of people are using norstream rods inc angus henry and a few other too and i havent heard a bad word about them and they are very affordable aswell well worth a look into imo

i was thinking about these but if i was given a free rod or cost price i would say they were good rods as well this is not aimed at anybody but time will tell how these rods hold up

instead of wasting good coin on a rod @ 400 smackers, buy a trion and put a good reel on it like a stella, reels do all the work, not the 400 dollar rod! and if you cant get a fish on a 100 dollar rod, your in bloody big trouble i reckon. :lol:

I think the opposite mate. Better rods feel lighter and more sensitive and cast better etc. Plus you are actually fighting the fish with the rod but not the reel. Better spinning reels feel smoother and the drag is smoother. But a better drag will only show its place if you caught a big fish or fishing very light lines.

Cheers. ;)

instead of wasting good coin on a rod @ 400 smackers, buy a trion and put a good reel on it like a stella, reels do all the work, not the 400 dollar rod! and if you cant get a fish on a 100 dollar rod, your in bloody big trouble i reckon. :lol:

my thoughts fishing light the rod has alot more to do with it than reels at the end of the day a stradic with drag up grade will do as good as a stella only using 4lb line so less than a kg of drag

cheers Tim

Generally if you prefer cork grip, for that price range I found Graphiteleader's Vigore are good. All of them are under 100g and some shorter models are under 80g which are very light and should balance a 1000 size reel very well.

But I think you ll like the UL power as they are quite stiff compare with our aussie bream rods becos they are designed for large mouth black bass.

Cheers.

just had a look at these do you know any where in aus that stocks them

cheers Tim

Cheers.

just had a look at these do you know any where in aus that stocks them

Try japanese online tackle store like plat etc. If that's not on the catalog just send them an email usually they are very helpful and can order it for you. ;)

thanks will have a look

ipk18 keep me informed what you buy, im looking for a rod an reel, also if we buy 2 might save some $$$$... Was going to the Aus Warehouse sale but na look else where i think.

so the standard whats ya call it reel doesnt have 1 kilo of drag??? well it's your coin. good luck.

wouldnt call a stella a standard reel at $900

certainly not, but the size reel i'm thinkin isnt $900 either. i was thinkin $600 or less, and thats a bolt on and forget about it, no need to upgrade drags and the likes, but as i said it's your coin.

thanks will have a look

ipk18 keep me informed what you buy, im looking for a rod an reel, also if we buy 2 might save some $$$$... Was going to the Aus Warehouse sale but na look else where i think.

Will do I was thing of going for a look at austackle as well but would rather gear that has been around for a while in years to come these new rods may prove to be great rods

try

Barrabass Custom Tournament Rods.

Brad is in Toowoomba but i think the rods would be well worth it and in your budget.

if you add it on facebook and message brad what you want he can recommend a rod and price

/>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Barrabass-Custom-Tournament-Rods/164220990266788

cheers

try

Brad is in Toowoomba but i think the rods would be well worth it and in your budget.

if you add it on facebook and message brad what you want he can recommend a rod and price

/>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Barrabass-Custom-Tournament-Rods/164220990266788

cheers

I would 2nd this advice. I don't own one personally but I had a look at a couple one time Kiwiboy and myself bumped into him at somerset. His rods look and feel awesome.

try

cheers

I would 2nd this advice. I don't own one personally but I had a look at a couple one time Kiwiboy and myself bumped into him at somerset. His rods look and feel awesome.

Yes his rods cost $500 and up

Think it all really comes down to personal choice matey, and I really don't think you need to spend exhorbitant amounts of coin, especially if your using it on a yak and have already lost a T-Curve/Stradic combo. I'll definately be giving the Austackle gear a good look over next week as I'm looking for another 1-3 kilo rod and 1000 reel outfit, the one I've got now is a Mojiko rod that cost 99 and an Abu reel that cost 50 and it's a great outfit for the price.

so the standard whats ya call it reel doesnt have 1 kilo of drag??? well it's your coin. good luck.

wouldnt call a stella a standard reel at $900

certainly not, but the size reel i'm thinkin isnt $900 either. i was thinkin $600 or less, and thats a bolt on and forget about it, no need to upgrade drags and the likes, but as i said it's your coin.

noname what happened to your expensive vs el cheapo comparison test ??

last i read the under 100 clams set up was winning the shoot out

i will be intrested in the combo u come up with i am also looking for a 1/3 setup

pedro67black..Keep me up to date if theres any good deals that you find.. Im also afer a 1/3 or2/4 kg rod and a 1000 reel :)

For the money your willing to spend you'll have heaps of options for a nice rod. I use a Loomis GL2 720 SJR 2-4 Kg.6 Ft. light as a feather and looks like a twig but it still has enough grunt to play with some very big bass. Lower modulus graphite than the top end Loomis rods, which is quite forgiving. Doesn't snap quite as easy as some. This is important when kayaking into tiger country.

MoTackle have them for $275.

The other light spin stick I'm using is a T Curve T series Lt Spin 661. 2-5Kg. 6ft 6". You've used T Curves so no need to explain that they are good solid work horses. Maybe worth considering one of these again.

in my opinion, you have said that you need a $400 rod cos they cast much better, and are more suited to larger fish, and the fish is fought with the rod. well buddy, got news for ya and it's all bad! firstly go check out the thread on here called....... how to put a bend in a rod. for an example. see how the fish is really fought, and it aint the rod, sorry to say. secondly your fishing from a yak ?? i seen somewhere, so tell me why you need the casting ability, when fishing from a yak ??? i think your after some sort of attention myself by what i have been reading.. maybe we should all be in awe of you cos you got $400 to waste on a rod ??? so confused. poor lad. like i stated earlier, it's your coin.

Mate casting distance can still be important from any sort of platform, depending on the style you are fishing. Just as an example, when fishing flats, particularly on surface you want really really long casts, because even from a kayak the fish are still easily spooked, and it also gives you a much longer retrieve and lets you cover a lot more ground

just my 2c

I know when I'm kayaking for bass I certainly don't just blind cast everywhere. The norm is to sit pretty close to the middle of the river or creek and put your lure exactly where you want it.

Up into shady corners, under overhanging banks, skip casting under trees that hang over the bank.

This is all made much easier with a good quality rod.

If your going out soaking a bait that's a different story.

I don't know anything about kayaking, but have you worked out how Ur gonna stop your fancy new bling falling off the side like your last one did?

Yeah a rod leash had one when it fell off but just for got to put it on

Noname I guess we just have different ideas that's fine but I still stand by the rod part and I think plastic fantastic did a great job with that fish But this rod is the money I want to spend if he had a 100 buck rod do u think he would have landed it maybe but not week after week

Archived