Scarborough Canals 2/5

Keen-as-fisho

Third time lucky.....Bloody time out is giving me the sh_ts :angry:

Met up this morning with Justin and Phil to chase some canal Bream.After two hours of boredom in the canals we headed out the front to hit the rock wall and surrounding flats. This proved to be a good move. I was using the ever faithful Atomic hardz muddy prawn, casting it tight in the rocks. Third cast in I was on, but after a screaming run it spat the hook. Another handful of casts and the big hit was landed :woohoo: a decent flatty at 60cm went hard on the 4LB string :P

post-6136-144598612936_thumb.jpg

On the flats I got a legal bream at 26cm to the fork on a Cranka shad :)

post-6136-144598612943_thumb.jpg

We then hit the mangrove edges were I picked up the big bream of the day, only small at 29cm to the fork. This came from casting top water lures in to the mangroves, if it wasn't snagging up it wasn't getting boiled on, they love that Elton John lure.

post-6136-144598612953_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598612963_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598612972_thumb.jpg

Another perfect day considering the gale force wind warning at the start of the weekend

Nice one Den, I have never had any luck in the canals up there either. Although I plan on hitting it up again soon to try and crack it.

Do you do a wide slow retrieve on the walkers for bream, or a narrow fast one? I haven't had any luck from the yak yet using them, as I find it harder to work the lure whilst sitting lol.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Third time lucky.....Bloody time out is giving me the sh_ts :angry:

Met up this morning with Justin and Phil to chase some canal Bream.After two hours of boredom in the canals we headed out the front to hit the rock wall and surrounding flats. This proved to be a good move. I was using the ever faithful Atomic hardz muddy prawn, casting it tight in the rocks. Third cast in I was on, but after a screaming run it spat the hook. Another handful of casts and the big hit was landed :woohoo: a decent flatty at 60cm went hard on the 4LB string :P

ScarboroughCanals2May11c.JPG[/attachment]

We then hit the mangrove edges were I picked up the big bream of the day, only small at 29cm to the fork. This came from casting top water lures in to the mangroves, if it wasn't snagging up it wasn't getting boiled on, they love that Elton John lure.

[attachment=33631]P5020032.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=33632]P5020034.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=33633]P5020036.JPG[/attachment]

Another perfect day considering the gale force wind warning at the start of the weekend

Mate what sort of Yak is this ? Looks realy nice ;)

Archived