Reel Servicing - Where to go ?

Manni79

Well I currently have one in with Jones Tackle at Chermside, I will let you know how they go. I have been impressed with their service and knowledge a few times I have bought from them, but i'm sure there are other members who get there gear serviced more often than me

mate buy your self some fine reel oil and some inox mx6 grease and do it your self :) i do my saragosa's and saros and all sorts my self and save around 40 bucks every time i do it my self, all so basic service after every trip, line roller, main shaft(under spool, handle knob, remove handle and oil up bearings.

what reels you got that need servicing?? i can offer to do them for you if you want, i can all so get any part needed. will cost you a packet of 4" nuke chooks lol

Well I currently have one in with Jones Tackle at Chermside, I will let you know how they go. I have been impressed with their service and knowledge a few times I have bought from them, but i'm sure there are other members who get there gear serviced more often than me

Thanks Woody let me know how it turns out

mate buy your self some fine reel oil and some inox mx6 grease and do it your self :) i do my saragosa's and saros and all sorts my self and save around 40 bucks every time i do it my self, all so basic service after every trip, line roller, main shaft(under spool, handle knob, remove handle and oil up bearings.

what reels you got that need servicing?? i can offer to do them for you if you want, i can all so get any part needed. will cost you a packet of 4" nuke chooks lol

Hey mate, I have a Stradic 3000 that i figured could do with a service, still smooth as and works a treat but gave it a good work out recently on the Golden's (the reel got hot and could smell the grease heating up from the drag runs) and figured might be good to service it, may even do my CI4 2500 as well.

Mate would be cool if you could even show me how to service them and get both done, a few beers and some nuke chooks can be arranged ;)

tacklewarehouse is where i go

Hey Rob, what do they charge for the service when you tooks yours in?

Took a 16000 thunnus into the boys at tackle warehouse in a million pieces as my bro in law tried to fix it 2 days and 40 bills later reel was fixed . Go and see gordon or adam they will sort you out.

hey mate do u reckon u could post up with pics when u do it next it would be great to see mate and muchly appreciated

hey mate do u reckon u could post up with pics when u do it next it would be great to see mate and muchly appreciated

Maybe we can make a how to vid

a how to vid sounds the trick. i am all about saving money and to find out that a basic reel service cost 30-50bucks for them to just put the right lube in the right place :lol: it comes down to moving parts and what pressure load they receive to determine the right grease or oil. any parts needed can be ordered through your local tackle shop, but for bearings i have been sneaky and go directly through skf or nachi will usually be able to match a bearing. or the bearing centre for a lil more in cost but less then tackle shops. example a tld 25 main bearing through tackle shops 30+bucks, bearing centre 15+bucks and direct supplier 7 bucks. direct supplier will not like to deal with you but there are ways around that ;):lol:

a how to vid sounds the trick. i am all about saving money and to find out that a basic reel service cost 30-50bucks for them to just put the right lube in the right place :lol: it comes down to moving parts and what pressure load they receive to determine the right grease or oil. any parts needed can be ordered through your local tackle shop, but for bearings i have been sneaky and go directly through skf or nachi will usually be able to match a bearing. or the bearing centre for a lil more in cost but less then tackle shops. example a tld 25 main bearing through tackle shops 30+bucks, bearing centre 15+bucks and direct supplier 7 bucks. direct supplier will not like to deal with you but there are ways around that ;):lol:

Brilliant, I will bring the Camera, if we have time can do a step by step, you'll be famous Wesfish and we will all be better off servicing our reels :)

I'm great at pulling things apart - but not so much with putting them back together :whistle: After a couple of reels never quite being the same after my self service, i decided it was worth getting the pros to do it. I just got back my twinpower from Jones tackle and was very impressed, It was a left hand only model so I got them to open it up and change it to right hand wind plus do a service, and they only charged $25!! much better than me destroying a few hundred dollard worth of reel

Archived