2011 Moreton Bay Classic - Tactics

Angus

Just wanted to throw this thread up for people to talk tactics for this event...

Obviously I dont think anyone will be giving away spot x's etc.

But this is more for general banter...

Will anyone be fishing for all categories?

Will anyone be targeting one species and one only?

Are you dedicating onl a couple of a sessions?

Or a whole week? :)

Ill be hopefully heading out a few times during the course of the event to have a relaxed fish and try and capture some images of the crews on the water.

Angus

Hmmmm so many tactics... where to start..... :dry:

I think I will be heading to straddie for a couple night sessions at Dunwich for Tailor & Trev's and maybe hit the sandflats as well and hopefully bag a flatty or two

Probably my best bet as a landlover :cheer:

May even hire a tinny for a day but won't be expecting much as i haven't fished the bay !

Manni check out Brisbane Boat Hire if you are keen on hiring for the event.

/>http://www.brisbaneboathire.com.au/

Nice rigs, and top service.

I reckon youd easily pick up an experienced deckie if you put it out there anyway.

Angus

Yeah looked at that option, need a boat license though for their boats.

I haven't registered for the classic yet manni, but after i eventually get around to registering, I would be interested in splitting costs for the boat hire with you. I've got my boat licence and no boat so i was looking at hiring anyway

I haven't registered for the classic yet manni, but after i eventually get around to registering, I would be interested in splitting costs for the boat hire with you. I've got my boat licence and no boat so i was looking at hiring anyway

Hey Mate

Sounds like a good plan, happy to split the costs. I haven't fished the bay so not much knoweldge but keen just to get out on the water and have a good day out !!

If you register let me know and we can sort out a boat and day to fish !!!

Cheers

Manni

Hey Mate

Sounds like a good plan, happy to split the costs. I haven't fished the bay so not much knoweldge but keen just to get out on the water and have a good day out !!

Cheers

Manni

yeah no worries.

I'll definately be registering, just need to stop buying fishing gear so i have money for the rego fee. :lol:

I'll be planning to get out fishing as much as possible in the week and targeting all species by boat and landbased. Have a cpl of gps marks that we can try.

My biggest tactic (don't tell anyone) will be to catch a bigger fish that anyone else so I win the prize :P

Hey Mate

Cheers

Manni

yeah no worries.

I'll definately be registering, just need to stop buying fishing gear so i have money for the rego fee. :lol:

I'll be planning to get out fishing as much as possible in the week and targeting all species by boat and landbased. Have a cpl of gps marks that we can try.

My biggest tactic (don't tell anyone) will be to catch a bigger fish that anyone else so I win the prize :P

Sounds perfect, also happy to do a mid week session more fishing less work haha

GOod on you guys.

Ill be looking for cameo deckie spots over the week as well.

Due to the duration of the event I am hoping to "report" it a lot better by getting around and seeing a lot more of the anglers. Something I dont get to do very often at these events.

Angus

i will endeavour to chase a few different species over a few trips, snapper, will of course be 1 of em, yes, along with other species as well, have been droppin bombs down in a few places, so here's hopin. will have a deckie spot or 2. but be warned they will be long sessions, days at times in fact without steppin foot on tera firma.

rob

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't paid yet...but...

Me and stinkibis will be targeting the big bream! although we do get a few flathead well and truly up over the 70cm mark, going by last years lizard we could be a chance. But obviously it all depends on the day we fish, anythign could happen.

shaun

Archived