Arrivederci River Bass

Jords

:(

Took the day off uni to do a bit of catching up on study and to have one final crack at the Pine River Bass. Launched from the first crossing after the dam wall and paddled up DOWN[/b ]around to the pumping station weir casting at every second snag. Went without a touch, but also without a lost lure, as opposed to last session here where I lost 7 or 8 :woohoo: . Pulled up at the weir and cast out a few live shrimp under a float, managed half a dozen bass, biggest going around 44ish, but felt much heavier. All of the fish seem to be in much better shape than 2 months ago, seem to have thickened right up and lost the majority of the rot (although one was missing a bit of gill plate).

Had a visit from the fisheries boys checking bags (hadn't kept and) and also making sure everybody was aware of the closed season etc., good to see!

Also found a sammy 65, which is a nice change, finishing a lure up rather than half a dozen lures down :( . Hopefully I can sort out the impoundment bass, but think I might focus on some bream and flatties from the yak - need to try and get that salt water kayaking down pat!

Cheers

post-529-144598629222_thumb.jpg

The first for the day

post-529-144598629216_thumb.jpg

Biggest for the day

post-529-144598629224_thumb.jpg

Hungry little bass - managed to reuse the shrimp and land another on it :silly:

post-529-144598629228_thumb.jpg

The free Sammy :cheer: (had to replace the hooks were a tad rusty and one was a bit straightened

Took the day off uni to do a bit of catching up on study and to have one final crack at the Pine River Bass. .........

Blatant lies will not be tolrated. Refer to the site's terms of use ! :P

As you paddle away from a dam wall you are heading down stream ;)

Nice fishing, but now that the end of season is here don't forget to wipe the dust off your books before opening them :lol::lol:

Took the day off uni to do a bit of catching up on study and to have one final crack at the Pine River Bass. .........

Blatant lies will not be tolrated. Refer to the site's terms of use ! :P

As you paddle away from a dam wall you are heading down stream ;)

Nice fishing, but now that the end of season is here don't forget to wipe the dust off your books before opening them :lol::lol:

Hey, don't be lie that, I did the first 5 questions of the 50 question example exam for one of my four subjects....it's progress!

Yeah I think it came perfectly timed - swotvac is next week. I'm just hoping my mid-sems next semester are in august :pinch: .

Well done mate glad you got a few, hope the fisheries are there regulary for the next 3 months. Why was the sounder out of your yak.

Dino

Got most of the stuff out of the yak to lift it over the concrete but decided it was far too much effort so just let it sit on the concrete until I headed back

Well done mate glad you got a few, hope the fisheries are there regulary for the next 3 months. Why was the sounder out of your yak.

Dino

Me too Dino. I hope this vigilance by fisheries isn't only happening at the start of the close because a LOT of people are either unaware or just plain ignorant!

Well done Jords. Because you have lost so many lures lately it's only fair i should offer you the chance to try out some of our new 2012 lure samples before we go into full production next month. Give me a call.
sorry mate just got this, will do

Archived