Squid

Cheyne_jones

G'day all,

I am keen as to get into catching some squid, only problem is I wouldnt know where to start, nor do I know anyone that does.... :(

I would like to give it a crack somewhere on the gold coast.

Can anyone offer me a leg up by letting me know; tides, times, moon phase, techniques etc?

I would be eternally grateful if maybe someone could offer a likely location (pm is fine, and I dont want your super secret spots, just somewhere to try out).

Cheers people.

+1 on the shore near the Grand Hotel boat ramp, seen a couple of them now after launching/retrieving the boat but no squid jig. Decent sized tubes too. Have also noticed plenty of weedbeds a little north of that ramp that might be worth a few casts.

Thanks for the tips!

Time to place an order from japan for a load of jigs i guess, I am pretty sure my urge to catch squid is simply because i need some new colourful lures in the tackle box... Oh well I do love calamari...

Thats where i get most of my lures from Japan, I also have the urge to keep filling my tackle box up with new lures :) Let me know how you go with the Squid in the seaway if you go after them, i might join you next time.

ps- Its a good habbit buying lures ;)

Cheers

Darren

Archived