Combos

Martin

The single units are better in my opinion but I have been using a GPS/Sounder combo since November last year. Found mine to be great and very reliable. It has put me onto some good fish. They are all quite user friendly now days. Unless you have a boat that costs $60+K I would definately put a combo in.

• 2 months later...

Seperate units all the way.

Used to have a combo and major pain in the ar$e having to press 2 million buttons to change the gain on the sounder or range or even changewaypoints.

Without going up to big multifunction display units the Furuno GP-7000F is probably the pick but you will be nudging $3000.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an HDS7 combo and its a good thing , as a relative novice I use split screen to see where I'm going (gps) and the other half sounder so I don't run aground.

Once I get where I'm ready to fish I switch to full screen sounder and check the bottom etc.

As I'm getting more confident I am looking to get another unit (probably a HDS8 combo) and have one as a sounder and one as a dedicated gps , which one for which i'm not sure but I'd buy another combo because the price between a combo or just a GPS is only a few hungy.

I reckon if you have the room get a big combo HDS10 or the like and it would be mint.

Archived