Non fishing report

nadders

Hey fellas,

I've been pretty quiet round here lately, sad to say I haven't been fishing for a good while with lots on the plate and the boat in storage. Hope to change that this coming week and get amongst it again.

Here's a small project I've been working on slowly for a couple of weeks when I've had some spare time, it's a 316 grade stainless outdoor table with a Merbau/Kwila slatted top. I'm making it for my folks' place up at caloundra, which cops plenty of salt spray hence the 316 tubing (expensive stuff, the stainless tubing for the frame alone cost around $300)

Next up I'll make a larger table with matching benches in the same style, for the back patio at home.

The slats in the pic aren't fixed properly, just clamped in place for show, but I have since welded on some brackets to the underside to screw the slats down onto. Pretty happy with how it all came out, and the folks should be happy they don't have to fork out 900 bucks to get one made

p6101033.jpg

p6131041.jpg

p6141048.jpg

p6211056.jpg

yeah it was all done with stick. Ive been meaning to rent some cylinders and get a tig torch to play with, and probably will before I do too many more things in stainless as it's more suited to the task of reducing distortion etc. the thing to worry about though is on a larger item like a table i have to weld outside the shed and that's not going to work with TIG if its a bit windy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

for anyone interested in this stuff, I have been making some more pieces here and there when i have the spare time, will end up with 2 of the small benches in this post, 2x 2 seaters and a 1800x900 dining table (eventually). work is keeping me busy though so i expect progress will be relatively slow.

this one was tigged, just for mopar kev :P

pa011219.jpg

pa011217.jpg

pa011205.jpg

Archived