Anyone using Humminbird Quadrabeam

tyrion

Im using a humminbird 788ci sounder with the dual beam transducer but the trans has developed a problem with false readings and vertical lines so im considering upgrading to the quadra beam just wondering if anyone has one and your thoughts on it

I think he means upgrading the transducer not the unit. I have the same unit as you and I run quad beam. I wouldn't get it for the rear of my boat again as it shoots such a wide beam it actualy hits my outboard on it's left side beam. I think it would be great on a bow application. It works great when I have my motor trimmed up but It too much of a pain so I use dual beam

I think he means upgrading the transducer not the unit. I have the same unit as you and I run quad beam. I wouldn't get it for the rear of my boat again as it shoots such a wide beam it actualy hits my outboard on it's left side beam. I think it would be great on a bow application. It works great when I have my motor trimmed up but It too much of a pain so I use dual beam

thats probably because the transducer is mounted too far aft of the transom.. the idea is that you have a clear line if sight (from the transducers perspective) between the leg of the motor & the transom

Archived