First time at Nth Pine

mojo

Good morning all.

Ok seeing as Nth Pine is red hot atm I'm going to give it a go tommorow.:P

I'll be on foot and dont have a clue where the best access points & spots are, can someone offer some help advice?

I'd like to get there early and try some surface poppers but haven't read too many reports on surface lures at the Pine...do they work here as well as Hinze?

Will also take along a few G-vibes and berkley powerbaits.

cant wait:woohoo:

Mate Forgans Cove has always been the most successful for me. You can find it in the referdex.

Surface poppers should work but early. I would give them a crack before and at dawn then change to something a little deeper.

Good luck!!!!

Angus

Any where there is deep water there will be fish. Most people are catching them on G-Vibes or spinnerbaits. The plastic man may like to tell you what plastic works for him.

I have most of my luck on spinnerbaits or jackals. The colours depend on the time of day. Dark first up and as the sun gets higher go lighter.

Happy Fishin

Dino:woohoo:

Thanks heaps Guys.

what color is the baby bass?

I have some brand new packs of powerbaits that I bought mainly for flathead.

4\" bungee hawg in pumpkinseed

3\" double twister tails in chartruese and green pumpkin.

3/8 ounce chartruese jigheads and some some nice lindy 1/4 painted jigheads.

I'd like to try some SP unweighted but don't think I'll get much casting distance.

Also is 10lb seaguar fluoro leader enough or should I just use 20lb braid, or 14lb maxima mono straight to the eye?

Most people using crankbaits seem to prefer darker colors first thing in the morning before moving to the lighter colors, does this strategy apply to the plastics aswell?

I'm hoping the good old $3 G-vibe will shine again.

Anyone else going up tommorow morning? if you see a lone figure looking a bit lost come say hello:whistle:

I'll post a good bad or otherwise report tommorow arvo

Just hope I can feel what one of those 50cm babies go like:P

Cheers

Archived