NP Bass - No more \"V\" Plates

shaggy

After enjoying the exploits of the bass busters on AFO for a couple of months now, I thought it was time to get on the band wagon and catch my first bass.

To cut a long story short, got to the dam about 6am. Threw some spinnerbaits around for the first couple of hours, a few hits but nothing solid. Then tried out some hard bodies and finally after some contemplation of a fishless trip, I tied on the ol' trusty fluro pink Tassie Devil.

Quick sharpen of the hooks, 2nd cast.......BANG....my first Bass. 33cm's, top little bulldoggy fight. A few more casts for nothing and I wandered off. Then a AFO bullet hit me...the guys are always talking about bass schooling.... so back to the same spot, cast to the same area....and BANG

oops

38cm Bass

picture to come

Ended up with 4 bass all on the Tassie. All mid 30's

Best fight of the day was reserved for the dirty great eel, that took a yabbie bait I had out when I was packing up for the day.... fought it for about 10 minutes, took about 50m of line of the reel. Estimated at 1.2m and 8kg.

Great morning, and thanks for all the info team AFO [img size=450]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/38cm_bass.JPG

post-455-144598417941_thumb.jpg

Archived