soft plastics around ballina

anyone ever done any sp fishing around the ballina area that could pass some advice.ive used bait off the rocks near the vmr and caught some fish,and we tried with bait around the burns ferry(landbased)got some small bream.this week when i head there to see my boys im going to just use sps,or should i just stick to bait.regards john

it sounds like you are land based so my advice would be to use a prawn imitation and try for flathead as there are a lot of places along the river just next to river street that you can access and i have seen a fair few flatties pulled up. on the other hand if you have a boat head out towards the mouth and use some larger plastics like 3 inch atomic grubs around the rockwalls for some jewies.

well thats my 2 cents anyway.

good luck

Mate if i was you i would use Soft Plastics & Hard Body Lures, also spinning near the rock wall works a treat. Being a structure that rock wall would hold some big fish :)

Best of luck mate ;)

Cheers

Darren

Hey mate, I lived at Bal for a few years, one of the best spots I ever came across was on south Ballina, take the ferry over, and when you when you get off turn left, follow the rd to c/van park, and fish the river side, I think it was called pourpus wall. I always did pretty well there.

Archived