fishing spot by public transport

scuba-steve

hey guys and im dont have any wheels. wondering what fishing spot one could get to by public transport. cheers guys

Not sure about the transport situation exactly but you should be able to get to brekky creek fairly easily and I have seen posts with great fish being caught out the mouth. Cabbage tree creek at Sandgate is easily accessible from the train.

Or alternately keep an eye on the going fishing noticeboard for any available decky spots ;)

Bus goes all the way to the poo chute at Myrtletown, goes right past Boggy Creek.

Train to Gold Coast has feeder buses that take you to the wet stuff.

Trains run north with bus connections also.

Train stops right at the marina at Raby Bay on the Cleveland line, even got a pontoon to fish from

hey mate

Breakfast creek, 800m from bowen hill train station

shorneclifte, 900m walk from the shorncliffe train station

manly, wynam, 10 min walk to the water from the train station

goldcoast, catch the train and bus, forget wwhat station

upper cabbage tree creek, north bondal train station, 50 m walk

(Bus goes all the way to the poo chute at Myrtletown, goes right past Boggy Creek.

Train to Gold Coast has feeder buses that take you to the wet stuff.

Trains run north with bus connections also.

Train stops right at the marina at Raby Bay on the Cleveland line, even got a pontoon to fish from)

cheers tomca i know how to get up to clown town. just was not sure how to get out to the poo shute, and was not sure about goldie way. just pain in the arse it take 2hr to get 40mins way by car lol. but never the less ill check out afew of the spots. then hopefull 2weeks ill have the car and the boat up and running to get out and have a fish.

Hey mate,

public transport is a great way to travel! haha i dont know how the commuters feel though...if u stink like fish. I remember catching 2 trains and 3 buses to get to my spots at gold coast and nerang. Mate and I one summer mapped out some good bream spots and such! mind u this was back...6-7 years x) get prepared to walk A LOT ...pack light will be my only advice haha and dont get carried off with fishing and miss that last bus x)

Hey mate,

public transport is a great way to travel! haha i dont know how the commuters feel though...if u stink like fish. I remember catching 2 trains and 3 buses to get to my spots at gold coast and nerang. Mate and I one summer mapped out some good bream spots and such! mind u this was back...6-7 years x) get prepared to walk A LOT ...pack light will be my only advice haha and dont get carried off with fishing and miss that last bus x)

thats it yeh trying to find a nice spot i can take me girls too cause they want to come fishing. the 5 year old would be right to walk but the 2year old doesnt like to walk sometimes. but yes agreed walk alot and dont miss the bus back done this couple of times lol

Archived