First Bass Session of the Season -College Crossing

Jororo

My mate Matt and I woke up early this morning to go for our first bass session of the season. We left at 4:30 and it was quite a crisp morning but the sky was clear and we were both sure there were fish to be had :) . We arrived at College Crossing at around 5:15 and started working our way from the bridge down stream. I choose to start with a spinnerbait and my mate used a Atomic Crank 38 medium. The first couple of cast at the bridge didn't yield the desired result so we found an attractive patch of river with some good timber structure and a nice rocky outcrop within casting distance. My first cast in the new area produced imeadiate results and I was smash by a nice 35cm bass which, was landed and released back to its home.

post-9275-144598671964_thumb.jpeg

Matt continued casting in the same area and got a hook up which was landed successfully. This fish went just over 30cm but once again was a beautifully healthy specimen.

post-9275-144598671969_thumb.jpeg

We continued fish this area for about another 15 mins we were both on again with my fish going 44cm and the other was another great fish in the 37cm range.

post-9275-144598671973_thumb.jpeg

post-9275-144598671978_thumb.jpeg

This area was proving to be very very productive and I cast towards the rocky outcrop and tried a little slower retrieve, I felt a solid hit but no hook up so I paused and gave the spinner bait a little twitch hope to regain the interest of this big bass. All of a sudden I was smashed..zzzzzz.zzzzzzzzz.zzzzz a solid fight of about 5 mins on my 4lb gear and I landed my PB, a 48 cm cracker. :woohoo:

post-9275-144598671982_thumb.jpeg

We continued to work this section of river and all up landed 12 Bass in 3.5 hours!!! By far and away my best session on the bass and I can't wait to get out there again.

I got sick of taking my phoe out of my backpack to take photos but below is another one of the fish I caught.

post-9275-144598671985_thumb.jpeg

Archived