Norman Creek 28.07.2006

Ash

Hey all,

Went down to the Mouth o' the Norman Creek once the weather cleared up looking for some fish action. Mainly hoping for another Jew!

Took down 3 rods, 2 lite rods for bait, and my recently fixed bait caster. Set the 2 lites ones up and waited for abit, when nothing hit in first ten minutes started to practice with Baitcaster.

Not much happening for about 40 minutes, when BANG, 5 Bream and 7 catties caught within the next half hour. Unforetunelty all were caught off bait, as i screwed the caster up by loosening the reel too much, and ended up with a nest!

Of all the Bream, only 3 were legal, the biggest being about 33cm. All Bream were released and i kept 3 catties for future bait!

As i dont have a camera, i used my video camera to taKE shots, but i forgot to recharge it before left, so only got a few shots there, and only 1 bream before it went flat:(

All in all a nice little time out.

This little bugger swallowed a whole squid! [img size=256]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cattie.JPG

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2006/07/28 22:49

post-81-144598399783_thumb.jpg

Depends on tide Dave. The mouth entrance is a mere few metres from the bridge so i tend to fish just in front. Best bet is to use size 1 ball sinker, this lets current take bait down through bridge and just past.

I also set up atleast 1 rod with heavy sinker and long trace with something decent size baut on it. I put this about 2 metres infront of bridge and let sinker hold there.

Archived