Team Diawa SOL

STU

I just bought myself a td sol 2500 spin reel brand new on e bay for $240 saved me about $50 on tackle shop prices, I was wanting to match it with a td sol spin rod but most of the tackle shops I have rang said they dont have them yet but on there way in a couple of months :( just wondering if anyone knows if I can pick one up that is new any sooner from somewhere?

cheers STU

IF I cant get one soon I will get a squidgy spin in the meen time till the sol comes available there good for casting plastics I already have a couple but I want to try out a better quality rod see how better they are for fishing light

Mate have a look have a look @ the Shimano Grand tournament series GTS702sp

Its a 2-5 kg rated eastury rod I got one from Kmart for 45 $ and Its a great rod

really lite top but plenty of grunt ;) casts Sp's like a dream :)

just another option

Angus wrote:

Have you given Tackleworld a buzz?

If they dont have it in stock, im sure John would order it in for you.

Angus

yeah Angus tried them but they said late july early august they said that there is only one in australia at the moment which is a demo model so I guess that answers my question just have to wait:(

Angus wrote:

Is there much of a difference between the 2000 and 2500 price wise?

Sol 2000 is what im looking at for Tanya.

Angus

You're spoiling her 'Gus! :P .

I'd say you'll be very happy with the TD SOL rod. Obviously I haven't played with it but it's expected to be a good rod. You could also look at a Berkley Pro Tactic, my mate Simon who I fish with regularly in comps has one. Great rod, Fugi Sic guides and nice load up. It feels a bit stiff when you give it a shake but feels like a completely different rod with a fish on. They are around $300 and it would be money very well spent. But if you've got your eyes on the SOL I wouldn't blame you for waiting ;) .

Troy

Archived